Valentines Day Gift?

Feb. 1, 2007, 8:11 p.m.

Whats a good one? Every time I try to focus on it my mind goes fuzzy and all I can hear in my ears is a murder of crows.:P

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

Feb. 1, 2007, 8:48 p.m.

hmmm…I don't know what the cows are telling you but I would not listen to them! I like chocolate but the thing is you have to get the good stuff, no purdy's. Nice earrings or any jewelry is nice. Flowers and a fancy dinner are great too.

(someone must steer connor in the direction of this thread)!

Feb. 1, 2007, 9:10 p.m.

Did need some clues about who you are buying for?

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

Feb. 1, 2007, 9:26 p.m.

my wife

Feb. 1, 2007, 9:58 p.m.

I would like bike parts for Valentine's day, but I'm not the average lady. Perhaps a trip to a spa, or a nice massage?

Feb. 2, 2007, 9:13 a.m.

bmor….

standard gifts:
jewellery (mmm maybe, kinda cliche though)
chocolate (ugh IMO)
flowers (nice, most women never get enough flowers)
dinner (may not be a big deal if you go out fairly often, and could be price gouging by the restaurant due to the BIG DAY :rolleyes: )
spa gc (NICE)
maybe a book?
something she needs but wouldn't likely spend money on herself? come on, you're married to the woman, surely you've got an idea :P

hope that helps

Feb. 2, 2007, 9:16 a.m.

It depends on your woman but presuming she's into biking she'll appreciate parts, mtb clothing etc… Some primo gifts from my sweetheart include a new helmet, a bike stand with tools and a tool tray. Anything bike related coupled with a coupon for a candlelit massage and you can't go wrong.

Feb. 2, 2007, 10:49 a.m.

a shopping spree and a spa day would work nicely. I am also partial to unique works of art but then you would really have to know what her taste in that is.

Feb. 2, 2007, 11:17 a.m.

I'm leaning towards spa GC, but what's a good one on the Shore?

Feb. 2, 2007, 11:37 a.m.

I think it really depends on the person.
See Xmas pressie ideas: http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=85514

A lot of "advice columns" seem to lean towards a more "girly", romantic gift for valentine's ie chocolates, flowers, diner, spa etc… (as opposed to more practical gifts for xmas and birthdays)
I dunno, I think anything that's personal and shows you appreciate her can be good.
Practical or romantic can both be good as long as it's something specific for your special someone.

p.s.: message to my special someone: haha no real clues for you :P :grinno:

:canada: :czech:

Feb. 2, 2007, 12:02 p.m.

a suprise nighttime snowshoe up seymour then break out a little bottle of champers and some nice chocolatds or something and have a toast and a snog under the stars…..

Feb. 2, 2007, 12:19 p.m.

Great idea, I'd do that if I still lived in the hood and had automagic kid-minding services like some seem to have. Prolly just do it on the tele boards though…

And for those who have kidlets and husbands with nasty work shackles on their ankles? Seriously, works not an excuse for a bummer V-Day, and aside from the boilerplate answers I've already seen, what's a good idea that doesn't depend on kid disappearage or taking a day off work? :all ears:

Ride More Bitch Less

Feb. 2, 2007, 12:53 p.m.

Heres one - make up 10 coupons on your pc - make em as fancy as you can.
1 Coupon = 1 night (or day or time period of your choosing) of kiddy minding while other half goes her/his stuff.
Personal, thoughtful, and a great way for the favour to be returned.

Feb. 2, 2007, 2:13 p.m.

p.s.: message to my special someone: haha no real clues for you :P :grinno:

Oh great, I wonder into the ladies forum sections and see this thread, "woohooo "the little hamster in my head gets all excited that there will be a few hints in here. Doh no hints.

Guess I'll have to put the hamster to work on this one :)

Feb. 2, 2007, 2:21 p.m.

I try and remember something that she passed at a store and said… Wow I like that… I will have to come back and get that!

Of course she never did go back and get it, so then I go and get it and give it to her. It could be something as trivial as a dumb toy… or a Dakine Pink Purse!

That way it shows that I listen as apposed to getting the standard flowers and chocolate stuff!

Too bad I am going to be alone this valentine's day! Guess I will drown myself in Red Truck Lager!

HA!

www.steedcycles.com