Triple Crown Ripper Team - Ladies Wanted!

May 16, 2007, 3:23 p.m.

Is there any girls out there that are thinking that they would like to do the Triple Crown?

We are looking for teammates… so far we have a team of 3 but the more the merrier. This is not a timed event so speed/ability is irrelevant. All we are looking for is some girls that are willing to be a little silly, and maybe willing to become a bit of a Ripper legend! Also you got to be willing to dress up a bit and be content trolling the North Shore mountains all day.

We are planning on playing up the fact that we are an all-girl team (don't worry we aren't all wearing pink) but we do have a team uniform ;) If you are interested send me a pm and we'll chat.

Cheers,
Dee

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

May 16, 2007, 4:26 p.m.

hmmm i could be into it…..! further details? I know its all three hills but what trails?

May 16, 2007, 4:38 p.m.

hmmm i could be into it…..! further details? I know its all three hills but what trails?

There are no specified trails. You basically have to pick the best way to get from checkpoint to checkpoint. If I remember correctly the checkpoints last year were:
Start: Old Buck
top of CBC
water towers on Fromme
top of 6th switchback on Fromme
Cleveland park (below base of Grouse)
Cypress parking lot
*End: Obsession bike shop

:canada: :czech:

May 16, 2007, 6:48 p.m.

There are no specified trails. You basically have to pick the best way to get from checkpoint to checkpoint. If I remember correctly the checkpoints last year were:
Start: Old Buck
top of CBC
water towers on Fromme
top of 6th switchback on Fromme
Cleveland park (below base of Grouse)
Cypress parking lot
*End: Obsession bike shop

yep

The classic route is:
Ride up the road to CBC,
Down CBC and Neds then across twin briges and work your over to Fromme.
Up Fromme to 6th switch back then down Execusioner.
Over to Cleveland dam and work your way up BP to Borther Creek and climb up the trail that runs to the first switchback and then climb up the road to Cypress lot.

I won't be doing this route ;)

May 16, 2007, 7:32 p.m.

which is the best route for my big black dodge to take????

BREAKIN HEARTS AND BREAKIN PARTS SINCE 76'

May 16, 2007, 7:46 p.m.

Whichever route provides us with the best access to our beverage stash in aforementioned truck throughout the race :D

May 16, 2007, 8:31 p.m.

You the pit crew for the ladies team?

I'll reserve the couch for you that night for the after party. It's only a 9 block up hill stumble. I've survived it twice now but only remember once. :beer:

May 16, 2007, 8:52 p.m.

b-team members joe dirt and myself will be stepping in as team managers/bartenders/logistics for the girls team!!!its gonna get messy!!!!!

BREAKIN HEARTS AND BREAKIN PARTS SINCE 76'

July 11, 2007, 1:47 p.m.

Just wanted to send out a big thanks to all the ladies who stepped up to the challenge and joined me on this awesome event.

Lady G, I am so glad we didn't lose you on Seymour :) Lesson learned about keeping the team altogether. Plus a huge thanks for the use of your awesome truck all day too! I want a truck just like yours…

Lucy, You inspired me to keep riding even when all I wanted to do was stop and walk my bike! You are one fit young lady and you always seemed to be smiling even on the climbs…

Maya, All that glitter and gold was just what a girl needs to remind us why we do these crazy things… because we are slightly crazy but we like shiny and sparkly things.

Marilee, The women with the best damn cheerleading squad on the mtn. I think everytime we pass your boys, I got the goosebumps. They rocked and cheered us on just when we needed it most! And it was amazing watching you pedal up Fromme passing your benchmark!

Emi, The best darn one-women support crew ever… I am glad you aren't easily bought and taken by competitors. Next year you'll be riding along side with us.

Note to all other girls out there…

Next we'll be even bigger (not bigger boobs though) My vision is to get more women to come out and ultimately see if we can get a bigger group than the Shuttlewhores (13+ people).

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

July 11, 2007, 1:57 p.m.

All I have to say is I had a wonderful time :D :D :D

Thanks so much to HB1/2 for being our inspiration, our fearless leader and as a result, a much deserved queen :woot: :woot: :woot:

July 11, 2007, 2:41 p.m.

Thanks for showing Shake, Rattle [HTML_REMOVED] Roll the way down Cypress and riding with us to Obsession! Cya next year!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

July 11, 2007, 3:06 p.m.

Awww they dont show up properly… hrm

I wish my lawn was emo, then the grass would cut itself.

July 2, 2008, 11:39 a.m.

The dream started a year ago … hopefully you'll have a few more ladies this year

I have no filter …

July 2, 2008, 12:11 p.m.

This totaly freaked me out until I looked at the date.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training