Took the girlfriend riding

June 7, 2006, 10:26 p.m.

haha she'll be stoked to have a front break, i tryed riding my ht on a trail with back break only, man its scary, brave lady friend you have thats forsure

June 12, 2006, 12:31 p.m.

Just started to get mine into riding as well. Riding a little Ironhorse with some judy's on the front. Mostly XC. Trying to get her into some smooth DH trails. Anyone now of some good (non-technical) beginner DH at SFU/UBC area ?
She's been eyeing my 04 Stinky … oh oh …

… good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.

June 12, 2006, 12:51 p.m.

this was with armor on :) she took a ninja-rolling good spill down a face on joyride and stopped when a tree got her in way!

I would hate to see how bad that would have been w/out pads.

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

June 12, 2006, 1:14 p.m.

I was totally covered in nasty brusies my first few years of riding - I spent more time flying over the handlebars than I ever did on the bike - but slowly - I started spending more time on the bike and less on the ground -

in the early days friends of mine threatened to take away my bikes for my own safety - I must have been insane to keep at it - … so just keep at it and eventually - one summer in the future you can actually wear a skirt again.

I used to get worried looks from people becuase I had so many bruises - I often had to tell concerned co-oworkers and other nosey people that I was in an abusive relationship with my bike not a boyfriend.

2004 Banshee scratch for sale 999 obo - great condition - choice of Z3 or rigid funn fork - single speed - 3 piece cranks - hardly used…. pm me for more details

June 12, 2006, 8:08 p.m.

I was totally covered in nasty brusies my first few years of riding - I spent more time flying over the handlebars than I ever did on the bike - but slowly - I started spending more time on the bike and less on the ground -

in the early days friends of mine threatened to take away my bikes for my own safety - I must have been insane to keep at it - … so just keep at it and eventually - one summer in the future you can actually wear a skirt again.

I used to get worried looks from people becuase I had so many bruises - I often had to tell concerned co-oworkers and other nosey people that I was in an abusive relationship with my bike not a boyfriend.

That sounds like a perfect shirt for girl's. " My bike and I have an abusive relationship." or " I don't abuse my bike, My bike abuses me."

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 12, 2006, 11:04 p.m.

I was totally covered in nasty brusies my first few years of riding - I spent more time flying over the handlebars than I ever did on the bike - but slowly - I started spending more time on the bike and less on the ground

HA i can totally relate. my first year of riding trails i wore spandex and no armor, and spent a lot of time defending my obsession to concerned family and friends :lol: when i dislocated my collarbone at whistler a few years back my parents were shocked i didn't quit.

nowadays i sport my scarred and striped-tan legs with pride :D

June 13, 2006, 5:21 a.m.

I still have tons of bruises every time I go riding! I don't even know where they come from.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

June 13, 2006, 7:29 a.m.

Ahh, the mystery bruises…I get them every single time I go riding.

Back when I first started, my legs were always covered in bruises on top of bruises on top of bruises. They would never heal because I would just keep bruising the bruise! I remember finally getting my first pair of Roach soft leg pads and I wore them all the time.
When I took my first Womens Only biking course in 2000, I was one of 2 people in the entire class that actually wore armour. On the first day I felt a bit funny about that. But by the last class (6 weeks later) a lot more people had bought armour.

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.

June 13, 2006, 1:21 p.m.

Ya I bruise so easily I overkill it on the armmour! I am often refered to as the little plastic warrior.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

June 13, 2006, 1:38 p.m.

my first yr of riding consisted of me wiping out and breaking my ankle on my very first trail…ever…but oh well once i had realized what the hell happend. i got up ankle was swollen as hell…threw some duct tape around it and put some duct tape on my brake lever..and then we kept riding until i got to the hospital and life was good havent had any other major spills or bruises since.. :D i have a few random scars on my legs from being stupid…being like wooot i have a fs bike and then shn myself..

~To Master The Art Of Flying Is To Throw Yourself At The Ground And Miss~
[email protected]

PSP FOR SALE

June 13, 2006, 6:34 p.m.

Wow that trail looks like fun. You might wanna tell her that the Pike can have more travel than the 95mm she is running in the photos, especially if she does drops and stuff.

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

June 14, 2006, 12:36 p.m.

Wow that trail looks like fun. You might wanna tell her that the Pike can have more travel than the 95mm she is running in the photos, especially if she does drops and stuff.

wow.. really i didnt know you could adjust the pikes travel. holy, i bought the fork and just never figured that out. thanks gimp pimp, you really know your gear. where would i be without your wealth of knowledge!

June 14, 2006, 2:30 p.m.

M_Dub,

Where is that trail ?

June 14, 2006, 4:40 p.m.

M_Dub,

Where is that trail ?

its secret

June 14, 2006, 7:53 p.m.

its secret

For a well-travelled gravel trail, looks like more than a few people know where it is. :shhh:

Nice photography.