this fourm is awesome!!!

Sept. 7, 2006, 10:45 p.m.

I also highly recommend looking into www.endlessbiking.com the instructors are incredible!!

I took the Intermediate Progression sessions and the Dirt Jump clinic, both courses were awesome and made huge impact on my riding this year! I'll be signing up with them again next season for sure!

Sept. 8, 2006, 12:01 p.m.

Hi there,
I'm new to MTBing too and have found this forum awesome as well. I've ridden up at SFU about 4-5 times (Mel's, Dead Moped, etc.) and was hooked the first time up. Thanks for the tip about endless and womens only courses.

Since I've ridden SFU, would anyone out there recommend starting at the beginner courses or go to the intermediate 1?

I'm also looking for people to ride with. If anyone is interested (either SFU or easier North Shore) let me know.

Thanks.

Sept. 8, 2006, 1:12 p.m.

If you've already been riding Mel's, Dead Moped, etc. at SFU I would say that you can safely skip the Beginner's course and go straight to Intermediate 1. That's what I did and the first class of the Intermediate 1 course is an overview of what was taught in Beginners anyway. Have fun! :)

As for looking for people to ride SFU or easier North Shore trails with, definitely sign up to the MuddBunnies group on Yahoo:
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/muddbunnies/

You'll find a ton of people to ride with from that group!

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.

Sept. 8, 2006, 2:10 p.m.

Thanks for the info. I'll take you advise [HTML_REMOVED] do the intermediate course. I also signed up for the mudbunnies.

Sept. 9, 2006, 9:10 p.m.

Last I checked, Mels and Nicoles are on SFU - more downhill oriented.

UBS Endowment lands are pure XC - enter along 16th ave. It's been 5 years since I've ridden there so I have no idea what the trails are like now.

http://www.gvrd.bc.ca/parks/maps/Pacificspiritmap.pdf

mels is very tame.

north road trails.

Jan. 4, 2007, 9:30 p.m.

So this forum kind of follows my progression and love of mountain biking because if it wasn't for the info in this ladies forum, who knows when I would have gotten my ass on my beautiful bike.

Right now I cannot wipe the smile off my face and I am beaming. Why?
Because I had my first night ride. I was a little nervous at first…didn't know what to expect but it was sooo cool and I survived! Especially since the trails were a bit frosty.

A big thank you to Sean for lending me his lights…now I got to cough up the money and get my own.

And thanks to an awesome and fun riding crew, flatman and heckler's better 1/2, I had a blast…

Flatman I promise us girls will do some more serenading next time…

I have no filter …

Jan. 4, 2007, 11:17 p.m.

And thanks to an awesome and fun riding crew, flatman and heckler's better 1/2, I had a blast…

Flatman I promise us girls will do some more serenading next time…

nice! flatman is such an awesome guy to ride with, sounds like you had fun.

i did a night ride myself on sfu. sounds to me like you've got the bug….

June 17, 2007, 6:46 p.m.

So a little update from me.

After finding this forum last July and started to ride last August, I really am in disbelief of what trails I am riding. I wondered how quickly or slowly I would progress

I have no filter …

June 17, 2007, 7:47 p.m.

Yay!

Sober

June 19, 2007, 9:36 a.m.

Hi there - I am a bunny too - go to Mels, Nicoles and lower snake - PM me - I will ride with you!

Are you ladies xc'ing? Can I join in on the fun. I've only taken out my downhill rig out in Van so far. My hardtail is lonely. PM me too please if you don't mind another body to tag along.

June 19, 2007, 9:37 a.m.

ok I need another coffee - I didn't notice this is an old thread. sheesh. Got me all excited.

Aug. 26, 2007, 10:38 p.m.

So a year ago I started to ride and today I had the chance to christen my new dually at the Whistler bike park with some friends from Salt Lake City. My first run was all of Crank it Up to Heart of Darkness.

The reason for finally pulling the trigger was because I had my crappiest ride last Wednesday since starting. I was really frustrated and realized how shitty a ride can be on a bike not set-up for me. It was the 13th dually I rode (yes, I'm a bike slut ;)) and it just confirmed to me that it was time to suck it up and invest in a rig of my own. The reason for demoing so many and I probably over did it, is that I wanted to love the ride…and now I do! Out of the 13 bikes, I kept coming back to the SX Trail.

So I had a perma-smile all day. Thanks to Duncan at John Henry's for the awesome service again and setting me up with this beauty. Oh, and big props to biggles604 for coming and giving me his advice too!

I have no filter …

Aug. 26, 2007, 11:19 p.m.

nice bike veronica! i bet biggles is crushed you didn't go with the norco ;)

Aug. 27, 2007, 9:54 a.m.

nice bike veronica! i bet biggles is crushed you didn't go with the norco ;)

Not at all, why would I be?
The SX was the right bike for what she needed.

Aug. 27, 2007, 10:16 a.m.

Marvel… congrats on the bike…

Now we lay shred…

Cheers

Dan

www.steedcycles.com