Super DH

May 5, 2008, 10:04 a.m.

Nice riding ladies, what a great turnout for for such a fun event. The representation was awsome, moms and kids, moms, bunnies and all the women supporting them was great to see and be a part of.
I didnt get to talk to everyone during/after the race but you being counted among this group of women makes me proud.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

May 5, 2008, 12:39 p.m.

it was great to be a part of the group!

May 5, 2008, 12:41 p.m.

And heckler's better 1/2 has continued to keep her promise to be the last woman over the finish line to encourage other female riders to participate :woot:

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.

May 5, 2008, 1:58 p.m.

I had awesome teammates that didn't care that they were joining in on the last place finisher parade. It was awesome. Well done all around.

All the vollies and photogs were amazing too. Always more inspiring when a lens is on you…

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

May 5, 2008, 2:03 p.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2;1932629]I had awesome teammates that didn't care that they were joining in on the last place finisher parade. It was awesome. Well done all around.

All the vollies and photogs were amazing too. Always more inspiring when a lens is on you…

I encourage everyone who does a ripper to not be competitive, I can't imagine that any of the fast teams had as much fun as Abba, the Big Bad Wolf/Red Riding Hood or the Grumpy Trail Builders.

May 5, 2008, 2:18 p.m.

yeah, but the fast teams did get to go to work sooner. :crybaby:

May 5, 2008, 2:40 p.m.

2007 Super DH Ripper participants: 13% were women
2008 Super DH Ripper participants: 16.5% were women

Bella's was totally hopping Saturday night …. don't think I've ever seen so many people at a Riipper after party!

I have no filter …

May 6, 2008, 10:49 a.m.

Amazing event! Had a great time ripping the mountain!

I did however realise that I need to "warm-up" instead of starting off cold. Tnt OWNED me… I started to feel good when we hit Corkscrew and Salvation.

On a side note I know how you women feel now, the extra weight hanging off the front of my chest gave me a sore back.

Going to practice pedalling for the Fromme A Thon in 3 weeks… only three weeks?

www.steedcycles.com

May 6, 2008, 1:26 p.m.

best comment of the day, when both of the "GIRLS" on my team refused to wear our team pack. The stated reason being that they had boobs so therefore can't wear a pack because they get in the way! I nearly peed my pants, how the hell do you think all us 'real' flesh and blood girls do it??? Ah the innocence of boys in drag…

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

May 6, 2008, 4:24 p.m.

[quote=heckler's better 1/2;1933413]best comment of the day, when both of the "GIRLS" on my team refused to wear our team pack. The stated reason being that they had boobs so therefore can't wear a pack because they get in the way! I nearly peed my pants, how the hell do you think all us 'real' flesh and blood girls do it??? Ah the innocence of boys in drag…

:lol:

Wow, we had quite a few guys with boobs this Ripper.
4, must be a record for sure.

I have no filter …

May 9, 2008, 10:03 a.m.

Amazing event! Had a great time ripping the mountain!

I did however realise that I need to "warm-up" instead of starting off cold. Tnt OWNED me… I started to feel good when we hit Corkscrew and Salvation.

On a side note I know how you women feel now, the extra weight hanging off the front of my chest gave me a sore back.

Going to practice pedalling for the Fromme A Thon in 3 weeks… only three weeks?

I second that. I got owned on TNT too. Right after we skipped the whole line 'cause ol' man T-Bone had to get to his boy's baseball game, I took a header down that wicked right hander.

In plain view of everyone lining up at the start line. Awesome.

Then again, that's what I get for putting in about 8 shore rides in the last 4 years. Glad to be back, though, lots of catching up to do.