Riding courses for teh lady friend

Aug. 20, 2009, 9:53 p.m.

hullo, my special lady friend would like to learn how to ride bikes on trails. fix flats, basic trailside repairs would be a plus. are there any courses available on the north shores that she could take?

merci buckets.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Aug. 20, 2009, 10:32 p.m.

hullo, my special lady friend

Pics of lady friend?

For repairs, not North Shore but Dunbar:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/bik/1332532467.html

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Aug. 20, 2009, 10:39 p.m.

Most guys who want to keep their girlfriends send them to:

http://www.dirtseries.com/index.php

you just missed a weekend in North Vancouver, but they have one in Whistler in Sept!

You could also hook her up with Endless Biking.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Aug. 20, 2009, 11:09 p.m.

And direct her to the MuddBunnies website! :) http://www.muddbunnies.com/

Aug. 21, 2009, 9:56 a.m.

Muddbunnies doesn't really offer lessons … we have one free clinic to members only. We like to leave the true teaching to the fine folks at Endless Biking :) they ROCK!

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Aug. 21, 2009, 5:10 p.m.

My first experience on a mt. bike was at the North Van Dirt series last May and it completely changed my life. It was such an amazing introduction to mt. biking and to the North Shore trails. I loved it so much that I took the clinic again at the beginning of this season. The muddbunnies is a great way to meet other women to ride with.

Riding is more fun than not riding

Aug. 21, 2009, 5:55 p.m.

Dirt Series is pretty good, but make sure she has a bit of experience on the bike first (you can give this if you're patient), as she'll get a bit more out of it if she isn't a complete newcomer to the sport. My girlfriend has done two so far, and she's improved a fair bit after each, but nothing beats getting out on the trails and practicing.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Aug. 22, 2009, 9:44 a.m.

Make sure she's on a full squish bike. Either AM/XC or DH.
Comfort and a little forgiveness from her first real steed will make learning alot more fun.

Aug. 22, 2009, 9:08 p.m.

hullo, my special lady friend would like to learn how to ride bikes on trails. fix flats, basic trailside repairs would be a plus. are there any courses available on the north shores that she could take?

merci buckets.

This is bullshit…Shin has been riding for years.

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 22, 2009, 11:34 p.m.

merci buckets.

Best place to fix a flat is at home.

Just taught Joely how to do it. Gabi spent the afternoon with our friend's. Sat on the TV room couch with some beer and took her through the process. Had her watch the first time then took her through it one step at a time. Basically did it together twice. Then had her do it a couple of times on her own.

She's capable to replace a tube now.

The nice thing with indoors on the couch type thing is that there is no rush. I see far to many times people learning to do it at the side of the trail. Effective lesson but can be stressful especially when you add in weather and holding up the group factor to the equation.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/