New to Vancouver, BC

May 25, 2008, 12:36 p.m.

Hi there,

My partner and I relocated to Vancouver, BC from Australia a few days ago. We are looking forward to getting back into riding as we've been in Perth for six months and it's pretty flat over there.

We've done a bit of research and are looking at going to Whistler next weekend. We have also been told to ride fromme mountain to start with.

I noticed there are lots of girls into riding here which is great. Would love to meet some girls to ride with sometime?

May 26, 2008, 9:04 a.m.

check out the muddbunnies at www.muddbunnies.com and join the forum. if you want to join the club and do the club rides there's a membership fee, but if you just want to hook up with other women to ride check out the ride planning forum.

ps welcome to bc!

May 26, 2008, 9:42 a.m.

check out the muddbunnies at www.muddbunnies.com and join the forum.

I'm guessing this is where all the women have gone… this Ladies Only forum has been pretty dead lately…

May 26, 2008, 9:48 a.m.

Welcome!

I also highly suggest the Muddbunnies if you want to get to know ladies that ride and the various trails in and around Vancouver.

I'm Marvel on the Muddbunnies forum too!

I have no filter …

May 29, 2008, 5:02 a.m.

Pics or in never happen…

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

May 29, 2008, 12:15 p.m.

Welcome! Seymour and Burnaby Mountain as also great places to check out.

For riding clubs, there's also NS Ride www.nsride.com. Tuesday are women's rides, Thursday co-ed, and often Saturday rides (co-ed) either in Vancouver or elsewhere (Bellingham, Sunshine Coast, Squamish, Whistler, etc…).
As with Mudbunnies, to go on the rides, you need to become a member (insurance).

Cheers!

May 29, 2008, 12:30 p.m.

As with Mudbunnies, to go on the rides, you need to become a member (insurance).

Yes, this is true with our Cycling BC sanctioned Club Rides.
But you can also go onto the Muddbunnies forums and post up rides of your own just to find other women to ride with too, similar to here on NSMB.

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.