need input on frame sizing..

Oct. 2, 2014, 6:06 p.m.

Hi i am going to build my wife/best friend a bike. I am looking at a 13 inch cove stiffee (delstickered lol) frame. in minty custom baby blue..
My wife is 5'3 is a super cool long bodied l
ady.
I think this would work well with her sizing and a 140 fork I have
what do you think??

Oct. 2, 2014, 9:18 p.m.

should be about right

current sizing ideal might put her on 15" frame but standover could definitely be a consideration - does long body = short legs?

as for the fork length, what generation is the frame? the original stiffees were xc bikes built around short-travel forks. i built one for my wife (she's 5'7" and the 15" frame ended up being too small) with an older 100mm marzocchi marathon, geometry was perfect. newer ones are probably built around more travel

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Oct. 3, 2014, 12:14 a.m.

My girlfriend is 5'2". I ended up getting her an extra small norco range off pinkbike for her.

It's 650b and has a 160mm fork on it and the build kit for that size of frame is a bit funny. I ended up swapping a short stem, then slamming and flipping it to drop the bars to a height that would give her a better riding position.

The standover could be better, but the dropper post helps, and she drops it down if she stops.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

April 5, 2021, 11:13 a.m.

Posted by: GTDad

Hi i am going to build my wife/best friend a bike. I am looking at a 13 inch cove stiffee (delstickered lol) frame. in minty custom baby blue..
My wife is 5'3 is a super cool long bodied l
ady.
I think this would work well with her sizing and a 140 fork I have
what do you think??

Is the Stiffee a 13" though, I thought they only went down to 15.5"?

My wife is a bit shorter than yours, she's just picked up an XS 13.5" Roscoe. Fits mint with enough standover and she's stoked on it. Size S (15") from any manufacturer is too tall for her.

-------------

@Ester405 20" frame is an XL size, for someone in the 6' and over range. Whover sold that to you wasn't doing you any favors... If I was on a frame 4 sizes too large I'd crash too.

You're a size S, or 15". Standover clearance can vary quite a bit between manufacturers though. Finding bikes in stock is tough, but visiting a few good shops would be time well spent just for the advice, and they might even have a size small in stock to check out. 

Last week my LBS had absolutely nothing in my size, but they had 2 different XS for my wife to try.

April 5, 2021, 11:50 a.m.

Probably a spam bot, it was caught in the moderation queue this morning and I mistakenly approved it. Foreign IP address posting in a 2014 thread....

April 5, 2021, 1:55 p.m.

Somewhere out there in the wilderness is a spam bot teetering around on a bicycle several sizes too large.

Aug. 18, 2021, 11:26 p.m.

Is the ladies only thread entirely populated by men?