Need a XC hardtail frame for 5'0" wife

Sept. 22, 2009, 8:56 a.m.

Hey NSMB,

Does anyone know of a local Vancouver or Bellingham area shop clearing out an extra-small, aluminum XC hardtail frame? I bought a full build kit online from a Singapore based distributor, just need a frame now. My wife's measurements are pretty typical for a 5'0" woman, we know what size of frame she needs, and the riding style (this bike will be 90% of the time on pavement, so definitely a XC hardtail and not full squish or anything towards the all-mountain end of the spectrum). Looking for a frame to match a 100mm air fork for axle to headset front end stack height. It would be nice if the frame came with a headset and seatpost collar.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Sept. 22, 2009, 9:42 a.m.

Hey NSMB,

Does anyone know of a local Vancouver or Bellingham area shop clearing out an extra-small, aluminum XC hardtail frame?

You could try contacting the folks at Brodie directly. Super helpful folks. I procured two XXS (12.5") frames from them last year, through my LBS. I'll PM you with the contact info.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Sept. 22, 2009, 10:40 a.m.

Kona Caldera?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Sept. 22, 2009, 10:42 a.m.

Kona Cindercone? My wife got a 14" one and has ridden both on pavement and trail for 4 years (over 10,000km). It has stood up very well to the test of time.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca