i'm new!

March 12, 2009, 2:16 p.m.

hey - i'm totally new here, so please humour me!
a few years ago i sold my bike after only using it a few times - i lived back east then.

but now i live here and would like to try it out again. how do you get into this without spending a small fortune? or is that kind of a pre-requisite? are there any beginner rides that get organized?

thanks!

March 12, 2009, 2:27 p.m.

You will find here in Vancouver that the womens group to belong to is the Muddbunnies. www.muddbunnies.com They have rides and clinics from beginner to advanced, XC and DH, they have socials and get togethers, and always are having fun on their bikes. A bunch do frequent here but they will definitely be on the muddbunnies site.

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

March 12, 2009, 7:48 p.m.

hey - i'm totally new here, so please humour me!
a few years ago i sold my bike after only using it a few times - i lived back east then.

but now i live here and would like to try it out again. how do you get into this without spending a small fortune? or is that kind of a pre-requisite? are there any beginner rides that get organized?

thanks!

Check out Sports Junkies on W Broadway near MEC and of course North Shore Sports Swap for bikes.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 12, 2009, 9:12 p.m.

Check out Sports Junkies on W Broadway near MEC and of course North Shore Sports Swap for bikes.

Or NSMB buy and sell.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

March 12, 2009, 9:16 p.m.

Hi

2 things

My wife is selling her 2006 small Norco Fluid 1 for $800. Nice bike

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php/product/21683/cat/13

NSride at NSride.com has girls night out rides on Tuesday nights and co-ed rides on Thursday with everything from beginner XC to advanced DH. Regular co-ed weekend rides. All of the details are on the web site. There is close to 300 members so there will be no shortage of people to ride with.

Master of Puppets

March 12, 2009, 9:54 p.m.

wahmbulance … you move fast, I see you're already on our Muddbunnie site. Welcome back to riding girl!

Now get a bike :P so you can join us for rides.

I have no filter …

March 13, 2009, 9:12 a.m.

I was in Sports Junkies last weekend and the bikes they have are not up-to-par, ATMO. I'd suggest CL or NSMB B[HTML_REMOVED]S first.

:canada: :england:

March 13, 2009, 9:38 a.m.

thanks guys (and ladies!) the shopping has begun….

March 13, 2009, 10:55 a.m.

I suggest creating a Bike Wanted ad here and starting a thread in the Buy Sell forum. Be specific about your budget, size and type of bike you are looking for.

I'm sure you'll find a lot of motivated sellers here who are much more knowledgeable than your average Craigslist seller. Plus the other members will be able to give you feedback/advice if needed.

Good luck with your search!

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk