help or a hindrance?

March 22, 2006, 10:39 p.m.

Some people get mad like you wouldnt believe. It's almost as if the world is going to end if they dont get to go as fast as they want down A-line. I have seen people passed on jumps, in berms and even in the shale section near the bottom.

i got passed in the shale section once. scary ass shit. the scariest part was i was not going slow. some hotshot with no armor on a m1
its funny, i havnt encountered that many riders on aline, being passed by, or coming up on. I did come up on a youngish girl once. she looked really scared by the speed, and she seemed really shaky. so, i just hung back, gave her some room. she eventualy pulled over at one of the places where the trail has a nice little side-out on either side. i said thanks and was on my way
nobody likes having somebody on their ass. if you dont like riding around other people, dont go to the biggest bike park in the world.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

March 23, 2006, 12:22 a.m.

haha i dont mind it but some people are so rude now im fairly fast on A line so its alll lgood

~To Master The Art Of Flying Is To Throw Yourself At The Ground And Miss~
[email protected]

PSP FOR SALE

March 23, 2006, 3:51 p.m.

Got a year…?

huh??

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

March 23, 2006, 4:26 p.m.

My vote is on the help side… He is the greatest when it comes to biking..
here's why….

1) He tolerates my need to match my jerseys to my bikes.

2) When I broke my ankle (riding), he baked chocolate chip cookies for me to take to work so that I would have something to bribe co-workers with to get them to do stuff for me rather than hobble around the office on crutches.

3) He built me a drop on Pangor so that I could get comfy on drops.

4) He gave me an HID light for my birthday so that I would LOVE night riding

5) He rides behind me on A-line

6) He has approved the purchase of the pink Chris King hubs….right dear??

7) He takes me on runs down "Secret" trails.

8) He understands that he created this "monster" so when I ask to do three runs down Fromme he only has himself to blame…

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

June 21, 2006, 4:29 p.m.

My vote goes to "help" as well. My first date with my husband consisted of a bike ride and dinner. It was great! He has always been encouraging and has introduced me to many new types for riding (most recently road riding along with another male friend of ours). All of the guys I've ever ridden with have been encouraging and patient.

I haven't ridden A-line since I got yelled at early last year. NOT cool. I steer clear of that trail because it seems to be filled with boneheads.

:fro:

June 21, 2006, 9:05 p.m.

Hi Ladies,

I agree with the posts so far - I 've found the vast majority of men extremely supportive of my mountain biking. I got in to riding when I bought a new helmet at a bike shop in Victoria [HTML_REMOVED] the sales guy invited me to come along on their weekly ride that weekend. It was hilarious - I arrived with my brand new Kona cinder cone (fully rigid - since i asked them to take the front suspension off since i didn't think i'd need it!!!! LOLOLOL) complete with rat traps, and I was dressed in running shorts and a cotton t-shirt. Well, the guys I met up with were totally tricked out in full gear, with super sweet bikes and tons 'o travel - at that time this was a little intimidating, to say the least. They took me on a trail that would now take me about 45 minutes and it took 3 HOURS, but they made sure that I came back happy, muddy, and not bleeding toooo much…I was hooked! Since then I've had many happy rides with my guy friends. I think it might become an issue if I dated someone who didn't ride, though - he might not understand why I wanted to spend every weekend with other men….

June 21, 2006, 9:54 p.m.

i got passed in the shale section once. scary ass shit. the scariest part was i was not going slow. some hotshot with no armor on a m1

barry? :lol:

riding with the girls is always a good time, i try to get them to go in the front, so i can look at their bums, at that point speed isnt a big factor because im sonewhat distracted.:agree:

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

June 21, 2006, 10:22 p.m.

i try to get them to go in the front, so i can look at their bums, at that point speed isnt a big factor because im sonewhat distracted.:agree:

Two reasons why I let my girlfriend ride in front.

a) so I can have the best view of the day

b) to keep racers off her back

hehe.. just kiddin' I usually ride up front because she doesn't like me watching her ride. She's beginning to try and find her comfortzone/groove.

Just getting her into riding off the pavement.

That loose gravel trail down the back of SFU (?) is target practice right now. Going to take her on friday after work down north road trail. Slow it down a little. I need to get her off that hardtail. :S

… good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.

June 21, 2006, 11:17 p.m.

When I met my boyfriend at a party the first thing he asked me was 'do you mountain bike?'. I hadn't been on a bike since I was about 8, but he was hot and I had to sound confident. . .

To make a long story short he is amazing. He's seen me through the stubborn, crying, bike throwing temper tantrum days and the "I love this sport, I just rocked that trail" days. I love riding and I am so fortunate to be with someone so supportive and awesome.

Wow, who knew I was such a cheese ball!

I should also mention that he has some awesome guy friends that are great to me. They have no problems waiting on the trail for me, or giving me advice (when I want it) on new sections. There are a lot of awesome guys out there.

I think that will age and skill comes this kind of awesome attitude. The guys that are dicks have something to prove or are young and don't know any better.

www.daniellebaker.com
www.bcbikerace.com
www.endlessbiking.com

June 22, 2006, 5:37 a.m.

It seems here in the States for riding DH/FR the guy to girl ratio is about 10:1…There are usually only about four of five females riding Diablo on a busy day. I hear Canada is much different…Lots of women tearing it up which is great.
So I have had many helpful guys give me a hand. I thought that was the best part of the sport when I started. There's generally a very friendly, helpful attitude.
I remember one afternoon taking a break on a trail, and I was joined by a 45 year old male and an 18 year old male, then there was me, a 29 (at the time) year old female. I thought it was great that one sport can bring so many different people together.

Twitter-KIKat1029

June 22, 2006, 10:58 a.m.

I thought it was great that one sport can bring so many different people together.

Agreed. It is very nice to see such a broad age group on the trails. :) :fro: :thepimp: :crazy: :coo: :smokey: :clap: :woot:

… good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.

June 23, 2006, 7:37 p.m.

i supported my girlfriend at first,when she was slow and not very smooth,but than she got faster and smoother than me.I just cant have that so when we go riding i pin it and if she keeps up with me i tell her i was only riding at about 60 %.SHHHHHHHH dont say anything though i need her to think i am still faster.

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

June 26, 2006, 7:32 p.m.

In Whistler, the guys are great! They are fun to ride with, let me push my riding trying to keep up with them, but don't mind if they have to wait for me sometimes. And they are always stoked when one of the girls wants to ride with them!

June 26, 2006, 11:10 p.m.

i supported my girlfriend at first,when she was slow and not very smooth,but than she got faster and smoother than me.I just cant have that so when we go riding i pin it and if she keeps up with me i tell her i was only riding at about 60 %.SHHHHHHHH dont say anything though i need her to think i am still faster.

i'm sure she lets you go ahead sometimes, just so your ego stays intact ;)

June 27, 2006, 1:47 p.m.

:lol: :lol: