End of season thread

Jan. 3, 2012, 6:16 p.m.

Everything is on track… new DH frame on its way. Rode bikes 5 out of the last 6 days; moto on the 6th day. Looking forward to the freezing level dropping enough to "cross-train" on the skis!! 4X starts back up in a couple weeks - woohoo!

Jan. 4, 2012, 1:10 p.m.

First goal is to heal my level 3 sprained ankle :( Otherwise i'm planning on getting faster and working on my drop/jump/gap skills :)

I hear ya. I've got a level 2 and a fractured calcaneus…It's a stupid long process.

Jan. 5, 2012, 8:34 a.m.

LadyGravity,
If I can help out in any way,just ask.
4X license bought for this year will be good till Jan1 next year.
We really want and need more girls coming out.
Bring your kids.
hope to see you.
4X reopens Jan 17 practice.
Remember anyone who hasn't raced yet,you can still qualify (best 3 results plus finals) for the series .
This is a BC Cup Series ,with Championship jerseys presented by Cycling BC on the
final race night of Feb 14th.
Gary

FVMBA Website

Jan. 8, 2012, 5:39 p.m.

Wish I lived closer to the coast for 4X, sounds like a blast.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

Jan. 8, 2012, 6:14 p.m.

The City of Kamloops seems pretty friendly towards mtb'rs. Perhaps, they would find some money in a future budget for an indoor BMX track (and 4X!) The Indoor BMX would be great for all the young kids! It would be good for everyone but providing for the kids is a good avenue to ask for money! I think it's along the same lines a providing an ice rink for recreation.

(This is assuming that this doesn't already exist.)

Jan. 9, 2012, 8:25 a.m.

Alright ! New Years is here…anyone change their resolutions?

Some have happened already re: New bike builds (Santa bought me a SC Blur LTc :D )

Some are happening re: training in winter? Spinning, snowshoeing and whatever else I can sqeeze in (do house renos/painting count?).

And as for my goals of riding more alpine and "to do" trails: trip planning is in the works!

Jan. 10, 2012, 3:56 p.m.

My new year resolution, spend more time with the hubby.

I've dedicated a lot of hours to riding with and promoting women to ride. The downside to that has been that I've definitely neglected the hubby, all those women only rides take a toll over time.

So this year I am stepping away from that side of the equation and going back to why I orginally got into mtn biking, to spend time on the trails with hubby!

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Jan. 11, 2012, 8:47 a.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2;2606538]…to spend time on the trails with hubby![/QUOTE]

I'm sure he's doing this :clap: …but with all that riding you've been doing with women, he may soon be saying "wait…for…me…" ;)