EB Hotwheels Camp: Jumps, Drops & Steeps (Women's Only)

March 22, 2007, 12:41 p.m.

I'll see your hot tub and raise you a pre clininc ride up pipeline. All interested parties meet at the water tower at 1:00 pm.
I'm so pumped, I can't wait!
Hot Tub, eh? Very interesting indeed.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

March 22, 2007, 12:43 p.m.

I'll see your hot tub and raise you a pre clininc ride up pipeline.

never done a clinic before? Save your energy!

March 22, 2007, 1:08 p.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2;1643632]Hey There,

This is an open invite to all the lovely ladies going to the clinic this weekend.

After we are done on Saturday, beers [HTML_REMOVED]/or wine at my place (just up the hill from Seymours pub by Cap college)… and if you like bring a swimsuit you can jump in the hottub.

dee[/QUOTE]

Hey Heckler… might change plans this weekend!

HAHAHAHAHHA! Dee… behave yourself… or you'll get in trouble… and we all know how much you hate getting into trouble!

HAHAHHAAH!

Have fun!

www.steedcycles.com

March 22, 2007, 3:14 p.m.

never done a clinic before? Save your energy!

The itinerary says Basic Skills Revue" does that mean beat you silly?

March 23, 2007, 10:22 a.m.

cheers girls :)

i have a question!

was looking into doing this camp but after reading the description, I was confused :)

"This camp is geared toward intermediate to advanced riders who want to improve their riding."

THAT'S ME!

"No jumping or drop experience required."

Just a lil confused about how the rider ratings are being done…I am far from advanced (consider myself intermediate at best) but I have already been jumping and dropping for a season. Is this camp still for me?

Oh also, where are we going to be testing our skills? I read somewhere that everyone is meeting at the base of Seymour. Do we get to play around on one of the intermediate trails like Slash? That is such a good trail and a great test :)

Thnx grrrrls!
-jill

March 23, 2007, 10:57 a.m.

I imagine will be doing drills and skills on Saturday. Looks like we get on the trails on Sunday. Which is a good thing looking at the forecast.

EB will be able to answer your questions best…

As for where you think you are riding level wise… I consider myself advanced, I like super steep rockfaces (Empress and Cypress mtn) but dropping more than 2 feet scares the be-jesuz outta me! So it all depends on what skill you want to work on…

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

March 23, 2007, 11:01 a.m.

The itinerary says Basic Skills Revue" does that mean beat you silly?

Not really, but it think it will be nice to start the course with "fresh" legs and dry clothes.

March 23, 2007, 12:31 p.m.

Looking at the weather its probably a good idea.

March 23, 2007, 6:18 p.m.

"This camp is geared toward intermediate to advanced riders who want to improve their riding."

THAT'S ME!

"No jumping or drop experience required."

The website says the class is Level 2 [HTML_REMOVED] 3, here are the descriptions:

_Level 2 (L2):
Ready to learn some more advanced bike handling skills to ride more confidently? This level is great for riders who are ready to get more out of their riding, break some bad habits and see the more challenging trails on the North Shore.

Level 3 (L3):
This level is about taking your riding to another level and you will be challenged by skill progressions, bike handling skills and line selection.
If you can ride all of the trails and are looking to put the pieces together, then this is the level for you. These programs are designed to give you the added insight to take your riding to the next level. _

I'm more intermediate, I can do drops, but only to 2 feet and I hate steep faces, so that's what I'd like to work on…

March 26, 2007, 1:47 a.m.

Wow! What an awesome course, I still can't believe I rode the stuff that I did on Sunday.

A huge thanks to Kelli, Katrina and Lisa. As well as all the great riders that I got to meet. It was amazing to see so many women just rippin it up. And to my special mentor (you know who you are…) thanks for letting me follow you down Family Guy. I wouldn't have done it with out you. Now I am off to find the hangover that I earned at the pub.

cheers,
dee

March 26, 2007, 10:19 a.m.

Super fantastic day, My bloodshot eyes are still trying to adjust to the daylight and I had a hard time riding into work but my heart is just soaring! I can't wait to hit the trails again. It was amazing to see so many women picking up so many skills in a few hours. Great coaching and so much fun.
Lets go ride !

March 26, 2007, 7:33 p.m.

The coaches Kelli, Katrina [HTML_REMOVED] Lisa are all fantastic to learn from with the way the accentuated their movements so we could duplicate. I walked away learning a ton and feeling so great AND I rode the shore for the first time and survived! Yippee. Now I'm so pumped I'm ready to come back next weekend and do hit Seymour again! Yayy.