couples that ride together

March 11, 2009, 8:57 p.m.

Separate activities and social circles can bring a couple closer. They'll enjoy the time they do have together more. All depends on the individuals.

Truer words have never been said! After 15 years together and still going stronger than ever, I can say that this approach has definitely been a top reason for our 'success'.

I've known a few people in my years of riding who find it odd that Steve and I don't ride together all the time (or even most of the time, for that matter) and they almost judge us for it.
I say whatever works for each couple is the best thing for them!
And we've found a great balance that works great for us :)

I absolutely love riding with Steve, but I also love coming home all stoked from an awesome ride and telling him all about it and then hearing all about the awesome ride that he just came back from too. We wouldn't be talking like that if we were always on the same rides.

We were watching a show once where someone was going on about the importance of having separate social circles and activities from your partner. Especially when you grow old together, that's the #1 reason a lot of couples find that they don't have anything to talk to each other about - "So I was doing (such [HTML_REMOVED] such) today and (this) happened…." "Yeah, I know, I was there" "Oh, well then later on when I was at (such [HTML_REMOVED] such place), (this) happened…." "Yeah I know, I was there" "Hey, did I tell you that the other day, (such [HTML_REMOVED] such happened)?" "Yeah….I was there!"

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.

March 11, 2009, 9:36 p.m.

"Yeah, I know, I was there" "Oh, well then later on when I was at (such [HTML_REMOVED] such place), (this) happened…." "Yeah I know, I was there" "Hey, did I tell you that the other day, (such [HTML_REMOVED] such happened)?" "Yeah….I was there!"

And the consequent bickering…grandma/grandpa is that you? :lol:

Glad you found your balance.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

March 12, 2009, 12:06 a.m.

Me and GF ride alot together. XC on BBY mountain every couple weeks and really like the Whistler atmosphere so we're up there pretty much every second weekend during summer. Shared experiences on the trail, in the pub after (especially the patios in Whis), have brought us closer together.

Lift access riding also makes it easier for different ride level couples to enjoy hanging together on the bikes. We ride Blues together, then split off, I'll ride some more techy stuff, she'll rip another Blue and we meet at the bottom, and chat in the lift line. It works really well IMO.

March 12, 2009, 12:33 a.m.

Me and GF ride alot together. XC on BBY mountain every couple weeks and really like the Whistler atmosphere so we're up there pretty much every second weekend during summer. Shared experiences on the trail, in the pub after (especially the patios in Whis), have brought us closer together.

Lift access riding also makes it easier for different ride level couples to enjoy hanging together on the bikes. We ride Blues together, then split off, I'll ride some more techy stuff, she'll rip another Blue and we meet at the bottom, and chat in the lift line. It works really well IMO.

I've done the same system while snowboarding with a girlfriend from many moons ago. She wasn't into the steep gnar and loved to ride by herself. Riding solo never bothered me. Good memories.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

March 12, 2009, 6:28 a.m.

About as close as my missus gets to seeing me on bikes is on race day at the BMX track…and let's be honest, I just happen to be racing- she's really there watching our son.

Her and I are completely opposite on an activity interest level, with a comon love for travelling. We do work as a team running our business, but mainly so she can have the feedome to leave early, pick up the kids, and get them from place-to-place.

For us, the "opposites attract" thing has been great.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

March 16, 2009, 1:04 p.m.

Testy's my guy. As he said, we do ride together as much as possible. With kid responsibilities, he gets out with his mates a fair amount for some Shore riding. He also likes to ride weekend mornings when I'm cathcing up on my zzzz's. But whenever I am available we ride together, either XC or at Whistler. I love riding with him. He pushes me to try new things, which has made me a way better rider. He does have to wait for me an awful lot and I really appreciate it. He's right, riding has brought us very close together. I think we are really blessed.:couple:

March 16, 2009, 1:09 p.m.

^ Really nice. :)

Today me and my missus went for a quick spin and after some climb (it felt long, but can be done in 25 minutes) which we actually both hiked…:lol: ….we had a break and I made her ride parts of the second most technical trail in our area, kinda like "Mic's training camp for BC". She loved it, was a bit slow and she is still working on her balance. She was grinning from ear to ear and I was happy as well, because she dragged me out for a ride. :love:

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

March 17, 2009, 1:49 p.m.

I am in the process of introducing my gf to the sport. So far she seems pretty into it, but is very much at the beginner stage. I am thinking that a few more rides should help her ditch the "new to this" jitters.

She did manage to collect a rather impressive bruise form a day at the Watershed. BBY Mtn. is next on the list.

March 17, 2009, 2:15 p.m.

I like riding with heckler, he and his friends always have good beer :) i do my part by drinking as much as I can…

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

March 18, 2009, 9:40 a.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2;2125938]I like riding with heckler, he and his friends always have good beer :) i do my part by drinking as much as I can…[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes you do! :)

March 26, 2009, 10:32 a.m.

Barb and I have been riding together for ten years. Now that we've got a kid, maybe she'll slow down a bit and let me catch up…..

Having a partner that rips is great. I'm pretty sure that if Barb didn't kick my ass on a bike, that the relationship would likely not have worked. But different strokes for different folks. It works for us.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

March 26, 2009, 10:38 a.m.

Tippie and I are getting a camper to put on the truck so we have a nice quiet place to trade off runs while the baby sleeps. I am sure we will be riding together less than before, but with my mum living in the cove I can always drop the baby off while we hit Seymour together. Where there's a will there's a way!

The riding community is huge. You say you want to hit all the bikeparks this summer. Heck you;ll meet people on the chairlift or parking lot even. Us bikers are a chatty bunch.

March 26, 2009, 11:02 a.m.

Barb and I have been riding together for ten years. Now that we've got a kid, maybe she'll slow down a bit and let me catch up…..

Having a partner that rips is great. I'm pretty sure that if Barb didn't kick my ass on a bike, that the relationship would likely not have worked. But different strokes for different folks. It works for us.

D and I are the same. She kicks my ass, I try to keep up. We ride together almost everyday. It works for us.

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

March 26, 2009, 2:03 p.m.

I have dragged my gf thru alot of old school adventures, she tough as shit and rarely complains,

she stresses me out cuz she thinks shes invincible.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

March 26, 2009, 2:53 p.m.

We'lll just have to build a portable corral to put the babies in at the bottom of the trails. But don't lose your ticket, or you don't get yer kid back….

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018