couples that ride together

March 11, 2009, 10:47 a.m.

My wife is an awesome rider but we almost never ride together. Back in the day I was 'freeriding' and she was training for XC racing so we weren't compatible. These days I do a lot more rides that she would like but when one of us is riding the other one is hanging out with the kids. Sadly we only ride together about three or four times a year.

March 11, 2009, 11:05 a.m.

It takes time to find couples you jive with when it comes to riding plans, speed, personalities, and goals of the rides. I find couples where both the guy and girl are just happy to be on their bikes, no matter how the ride goes, is key. I have no idea what my riding plans are this spring/summer since I am still in ski mode but I[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;d like to hit more of the Interior this summer.

Every year there is an annual Muddbunnie trip and quite for few of the Muddbunnies bring their male partners, which allows for couples to ride together. I can send you some details about this year[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s trip if you are interested.

I have no filter …

March 11, 2009, 12:45 p.m.

ADS [HTML_REMOVED] I used to ride together regularly, but since having our daughter last summer we've only managed it once. We try to trade off babykeeping duties with riding. I'm sure if we planned it better we could get out together, but we haven't done much riding at all this winter.

March 11, 2009, 1:20 p.m.

Maybe you some of you are interested in a "Couple Rides" ride in mid to end July? Would be awesome. :)

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

March 11, 2009, 1:21 p.m.

Maybe you some of you are interested in a "Couple Rides" ride in mid to end July? Would be awesome. :)

Silver Star, last week of July..

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

March 11, 2009, 1:27 p.m.

Silver Star, last week of July..

UUhh….this kinda collides with our original plans. Silver Star is in the "interior" kinda like, right? Do not flame me for my at the moment non existing geography knowledge, had a hard day and am working till 11:00 probably. :)

- Kristen Ulmer

March 11, 2009, 1:34 p.m.

UUhh….this kinda collides with our original plans. Silver Star is in the "interior" kinda like, right? Do not flame me for my at the moment non existing geography knowledge, had a hard day and am working till 11:00 probably. :)

Yeah, interior of BC. Town of Vernon to be exact.. But the trails, they are so nice… :drool:

And for some reason, less intimidating to the Department of War and Finance than Whistler (although we'll be in Whistler for the weekend of the 25th/26th of July too).

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

March 11, 2009, 1:42 p.m.

Amanda and I are riding SilverStar / Sunpeaks on the 25th [HTML_REMOVED] 26th…would love to hookup with you Feral!

We're planning on hitting every bike park in the interior on a weeklong roadtrip - Sunpeaks, Silverstar, Kicking Horse, Panorama, Fernie..yeehaw!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

March 11, 2009, 1:57 p.m.

Amanda and I are riding SilverStar / Sunpeaks on the 25th [HTML_REMOVED] 26th…would love to hookup with you Feral!

We're planning on hitting every bike park in the interior on a weeklong roadtrip - Sunpeaks, Silverstar, Kicking Horse, Panorama, Fernie..yeehaw!

Actually we'll be in Whistler for 25/26th for the Dirt Series (co-ed one), Monday the 27th is a travel day then we'll be up at Silver Star after that for the week.

March 11, 2009, 2:16 p.m.

Because of the aforementioned Department of War and Finance we plan going to the Island for a week or a week and a half.

And it seems as if some folks have kinda planned something for us, keywords: "ride provost" "eat rabbit". :)

And my wife is not really such a h-core rider like me, we plan on doing some beach stuff, sunsets, hiking trips through old growth, you know - the "touristy stuff". ;)

- Kristen Ulmer

March 11, 2009, 2:23 p.m.

Because of the aforementioned Department of War and Finance we plan going to the Island for a week or a week and a half.

And it seems as if some folks have kinda planned something for us, keywords: "ride provost" "eat rabbit". :)

And my wife is not really such a h-core rider like me, we plan on doing some beach stuff, sunsets, hiking trips through old growth, you know - the "touristy stuff". ;)

Yeah the island is nice for that. And as much as people like kicking in Adam West, Sooke is actually pretty nice, and there are some beautiful beaches and trails in the area. Well, PAST Sooke I guess. I'll PM you a link later to some pics from some of the beaches over here.

March 11, 2009, 2:32 p.m.

Yeah the island is nice for that. And as much as people like kicking in Adam West, Sooke is actually pretty nice, and there are some beautiful beaches and trails in the area. Well, PAST Sooke I guess. I'll PM you a link later to some pics from some of the beaches over here.

Sweet. Thanx. And I must spread some rep around…:(

- Kristen Ulmer

March 11, 2009, 3:34 p.m.

I or we would be into silverstar almost anytime as i have free accomidations there, my sister lives on silverstar mountain 10 min to town 10 min to the park in either direction.

http://carcraftautorepair.ca/

Follow Us On FaceBook

March 11, 2009, 8:05 p.m.

Including long technical climbs? :P

Yeah, you got me there… I guess I should have said a bit of everything so long as the trail mainly goes downhill!!! I'm trying to mend my ways but neither of us find climbing fun - only a necessary evil.

March 11, 2009, 8:19 p.m.

I've given a lot of thought to this. I really wanted my last girlfriend to ride and still do. I'm hoping she'll find the love of the sport without me. I know she'll like it and she already has a killer bike.
The older I get though the less I worry about finding a riding buddy for a soul mate. Too much time together can be toxic. I think other people's advice on making sure both parties get to pick the type of ride and where is key.
CraigH might have some tips has he and his wife are the uber riding couple.
As riding is one of the ways I like to escape reality I'm not sure having a partner who rides is a good idea. Separate activities and social circles can bring a couple closer. They'll enjoy the time they do have together more. All depends on the individuals.
If you don't have a partner who rides and like to do road trips they better be cool with it. Myself I'd let my gf go on a trip with a group of guys, no problems. If you can't trust someone why be with them?

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.