clitoris friendly saddles

May 9, 2014, 12:01 p.m.

Lots of us are really happy with the Specialized line of women's saddles. Another really useful tip is use good chamois butter with antibacterial properties for ladies. Hoo Ha Ride Glade is a favourite but nearly impossible to find in Canada. Chamois ButHER is a similar product. One of our Ambassadors is compiling a bunch of information on this topic right now. Feel free to get your wife to PM me!

:canada: www.muddbunnies.com :canada:
[email protected]

May 9, 2014, 12:40 p.m.

my better half loves her chromag juniper saddle, I have nothing to add other than that.

May 9, 2014, 1:28 p.m.

I have some of the Chamois Butter for ladies. Tried it out just cause. Turns out it smells of lavender, which turns me off bigtime. But I'm not a lady.

flickr

May 9, 2014, 1:31 p.m.

Turns out it smells of lavender

lol

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 9, 2014, 2:17 p.m.

The lavender box tradition comes full circle.

Pastor of Muppets

May 10, 2014, 6:59 a.m.

Lots of us are really happy with the Specialized line of women's saddles. One of our Ambassadors is compiling a bunch of information on this topic right now. Feel free to get your wife to PM me!

When the info is all compiled could you please post it or link to it. My wife is looking for a better saddle.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

May 12, 2014, 10:16 a.m.

When the info is all compiled could you please post it or link to it. My wife is looking for a better saddle.

Absolutely!

If she is in the market for a saddle, look into the width of her sit bones. It seems to make quite a bit of difference and sit bones are not relative to the size of someone. A super slight lady can have wider sit bones. Specialized makes saddles with two different sizes. If you go into any Specialized LBS, they should be able to measure and fit her for a saddle (and possibly have demos).

:canada: www.muddbunnies.com :canada:
[email protected]

May 12, 2014, 10:19 a.m.

^^Just ask for the Assometer. Helpful for guys as well.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

May 12, 2014, 6:27 p.m.

so true about the sitbone thing. i didn't give it any thought until i tried it and it's no wonder i like my one saddle and hate the other. turns out i need a wide one.

my lady has one solid ride on the Juniper and seems very happy with it. her old saddle was an anvil. i'm so glad she does otherwise it's a long and expensive trial and error with the other women saddles out there. i got a few good ideas here and they are all fairly similar with cutouts or shaped cupped areas but i read a lot of reviews and what makes one woman happy is miserable for another. width, shape of cupped area, width of nose all seem to make a big diff to each lady. go figure, they are equally as complicated in every other aspect, why not saddle selection!!!

May 13, 2014, 6:03 p.m.

Here's a way to try tons-o-saddles.

http://www.bcbikefit.com/bike-products/saddle-centre/

May 14, 2014, 10:54 a.m.

Here's a way to try tons-o-saddles.

http://www.bcbikefit.com/bike-products/saddle-centre/

I didn't post anything in this thread cuz a bunch of guys giving advise on womens saddles seems way past silly but this^^ is a cool resource to know about for anyone who rides a bike

May 15, 2014, 7:58 a.m.

Im surprised no one recommending the any of the sell amp saddles. They are are hands down the best most "junk" friendly saddles out there for both men and women. Love mine. Also the tipped down nose is a sweet feature for us mtbers great for perching up front of climbs.
http://www.sellesmp.com/smp4bike/en/glider