clitoris friendly saddles

May 8, 2014, 6:42 p.m.

my better half rides quite a bit and complains frequently about sore junk. sometimes severely sore. she tilts her saddle nose down quite dramatically to compensate. i've just bought her a new Chromag Juniper saddle, but it's a wild guess. she would like to like it but her issue is serious enough that i should really ask the pros. ie. other women.

as a feller i just can't see how ANY saddle would not put serious pressure on your woohoo. i mean seriously, are you not sitting on it at all times when riding? what's a saddle maker to do?

anyhow, if you are a woman and have any opinion on the matter, i'm all lips, er, ears…

May 8, 2014, 7:21 p.m.

The OP!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

May 8, 2014, 7:49 p.m.

My Lady gets on well with this one. Selle Italia X2 Gel Flow. 6+ hour XC rides are no problem now.

May 8, 2014, 7:51 p.m.

WTB had a women's specific saddle and Specialized does as well I believe.

Also,find a shop with a female XC rider on staff for advice/fit service.

Pastor of Muppets

May 8, 2014, 7:55 p.m.

Saddle fit varies for any rider. A gender-specific saddle may fit more people of that gender, but will not fit all. Women-specific saddles are often wider and have a visible hole in the center. Look at the bottom of any saddle and you'll usually find a relieved area in the same spot. Holes that go all the way through are generally a placebo.

Things that help:

- wearing good padded shorts (seriously)
- try before you buy programs (various saddle makers do this)
- going for a "saddle fit" at a shop with a fitter who cares
- asking other ladies on the trail about their experience with finding a saddle

flickr

May 8, 2014, 8:01 p.m.

Guys: please look here if you are considering making an off-colour comment. This is not the place.

flickr

May 8, 2014, 8:10 p.m.

I'm not sure if she has tried experimenting with position but a more upright torso via a shorter stem/forward saddle position can help reduce frontal pressure.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 8, 2014, 8:18 p.m.

if memory serves me right doesnt WTB make a selection of speedshe saddles in varying widths for varying width hips ???

as far as the SpeedV and speed she saddles. i swear by em.. well the speedV anyways, i havent tried a female specific version (for obvious reasons) but i see no reason why it wouldnt do the same thing.

ala. make rides wayyy more comfortable and removing the dead junk feeling…

May 8, 2014, 8:22 p.m.

Saddle fit varies for any rider. A gender-specific saddle may fit more people of that gender, but will not fit all. Women-specific saddles are often wider and have a visible hole in the center. Look at the bottom of any saddle and you'll usually find a relieved area in the same spot. Holes that go all the way through are generally a placebo.

Things that help:

- wearing good padded shorts (seriously)
- try before you buy programs (various saddle makers do this)
- going for a "saddle fit" at a shop with a fitter who cares
- asking other ladies on the trail about their experience with finding a saddle

Morgman makes a exellent point about bike shorts. My wife once I made her wear them while riding found the saddle less bothersome over all.

And after asking the wife she says no prob. Though she did think that if her stem was longer or the frame had a longer top tube or to big in her words. She would probably have this issue.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 8, 2014, 9:29 p.m.

I have heard both positive and negative reviews about the Speedshe.

The WTB Deva Pro SLT has been amazing for me. It is surprising that a saddle could relieve discomfort so dramatically.

May 8, 2014, 10:05 p.m.

wifey uses the selle italia "deva" - quite a large cut out for the tender bits to nestle into. she likes them, no problem on long chilcotins rides.

May 8, 2014, 10:07 p.m.

WTB had a women's specific saddle and Specialized does as well I believe.

My wife swears by the WTB Speed She saddles, but they stopped making the high end versions years ago. The last couple we had to buy old stock off of Ebay.

May 8, 2014, 10:07 p.m.

She's not wearing underwear, is she?

Chamois should be next to the skin…

May 8, 2014, 10:10 p.m.

I have heard both positive and negative reviews about the Speedshe.

The cheap ones are made from cheap stuff, steel rails, mushy foam and vinyl covers.

The high end ones were made from Ti rails, high quality foam that doesn't pack out, and leather covers.

May 8, 2014, 11:30 p.m.

Would 'minty arse lard' help??

treezz
wow you are a ass