bruises

Aug. 24, 2006, 3:40 p.m.

bruises are little purple badges of honour.

i thought those were hickies?

Aug. 24, 2006, 10:57 p.m.

so…I just changed from clipless to pedals…and I didn't come home with any mother ass bruises this time :) As a beginner I thought why not start on clipless but learnt today that with my pedals I'm really going for it and ripped. So clipless will only be my friend for long xc trails. And now with new pedals comes scratches…fun!

In regards to leg armour for women, I guess the three companies I need to look at and try on are small sizes for Dianese, Beastgear and Mace?

I have no filter …

Aug. 25, 2006, 10:46 a.m.

In regards to leg armour for women, I guess the three companies I need to look at and try on are small sizes for Dianese, Beastgear and Mace?

i'd stay away from the dainese leg armour, there's rumours it really slips around. i use beastgear (actually 2 years old by this time, but still works great) and the only complaint is that the ankle strap is a bit short, but they may have fixed that. otherwise, it stays where it's supposed to and does the job nicely.

Aug. 25, 2006, 10:56 a.m.

I got the Mace wrap around ones this spring and I'm really happy with them. I especially like the hinge below the knee.
The only issue I have with them is the fact that one of the straps broke off a few weeks ago :flame:

Other than that, I would recommend to consider the wrap around versions as it prevents those wonderful back of the leg scraches…

:canada: :czech:

Aug. 25, 2006, 11:12 a.m.

I have the new beasties and I love them

Aug. 25, 2006, 11:35 a.m.

Another way to prevent the pedal bites on the calves is to get the MEC Calf Guards:
http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442499807[HTML_REMOVED]FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302693161[HTML_REMOVED]bmUID=1156530629965

I use them with my Roach leg pads, which are backless.

Also, I have ridden with 3 different women who all complain that the Dainese leg pads are no good. The velcro on the straps is always coming undone, plus the entire thing just shifts around on the leg way too much to actually protect in the event of a fall.

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.

Aug. 25, 2006, 2:52 p.m.

the only complaint is that the ankle strap is a bit short, but they may have fixed that.

I'm so glad to hear someone else say that! I have the beast gear leg armour too and I thought it was just because I have cankle (no defined ankle - just calf, then foot) that the strap was tight!

Fluid told me to take it too a seamstress and get it fixed - smart girl, I'm just too lazy and haven't done it yet.

www.daniellebaker.com
www.bcbikerace.com
www.endlessbiking.com

Aug. 25, 2006, 3:12 p.m.

:lol: i'm a seamstress, and i just can't be bothered

Sept. 1, 2006, 4:10 p.m.

my fox arm-armour is too big.. - the straps almost miss the velcro entirely! C'mon Dainese/661/Beastgear/Mace etc - we need ladyarmour NOW!!

Sept. 2, 2006, 6:26 a.m.

bruises are little purple badges of honour.

That means I've been well decorated over the past 4 years :)

Oct. 23, 2006, 1:13 p.m.

I finally got myself some Hoots leg armour and at an awesome price. It rides really well but now I got a blister where one of the straps crosses the back leg. I got a bandage over it, which was fine, but I came off between putting armour on and off. I was wondering is there anything else I can use?
Any leggings? Or a better type of bandage?

I have no filter …

Oct. 23, 2006, 2:48 p.m.

Lots of people run knee warmers or Padlocks to get a better armour fit. I run the Daniese and it slips lots but the padlocks help a lot.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

Oct. 23, 2006, 3:15 p.m.

I like my Dainesse leg armour, if I put the bottom strap on the middle velcro and the middle on the bottom they stay nice and snug. The Fox upper body armour has relaxed nicely and feels really comfortable ( yes, I wear it all the time because I'm less chicken when I look like a man.) I wish mace would come out with some lady clothing that is exactly like the mens but in womens sizes. Ducati might "lose" less clothing that way. (funny, how his Manpris always show up in the wash after I've been on the bike)

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Oct. 23, 2006, 3:26 p.m.

Marvel,

My roach armour after 2 years is starting to rub my knees raw so I wear my super light 3/4 length long johns/leggings from MEC under my armour. This seems to have stopped the chafing and has added a little padding on the rear for the pedals up… numb bum only starts at the 4th switchback now…

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Oct. 23, 2006, 3:57 p.m.

Where can you by this traumeel cream? I have never heard of it and I to am constantly bruised.