bike suggestions?

June 3, 2008, 5:35 p.m.

How about a Norco six?

Check out my Buy/Sell items on Pinkbike: http://truvativ21.pinkbike.com/buysell/

June 3, 2008, 5:44 p.m.

How about a Norco six?

My wife has a Norco Six Three and she loves it, she is 5'10".

| My Bike | :scotland: XCer attempting to adjust to :canada:'s Mother Hucka trails…

June 3, 2008, 5:46 p.m.

I have to agree with the reign x0 as a great choice. I recently got a scott ransom 30 and like it just as much. Both bikes peddle up well and return to the bottom fast and smooth.

June 3, 2008, 10:19 p.m.

IMO….Norcos are clunky and not near as smooth as a Specialized bikes….and yes we have owned both so its from experience

June 4, 2008, 2:12 p.m.

I am 5'2 and have had a small Banshee Wildcard built up, it's 34lbs with Saint cranks and stuff. I haven't had it on the trails yet because of a large vet bill (glad my dog is okay but sure wish I had my new bike!) but it's a rad bike, and my LBS said it will be a pretty efficient pedaler, and it's definitely a lighter freeride bike! :)

I find the Norcos clunky as well, and almost every bike is too big for me; with that extra inch of height it might be easier for your wife.

June 4, 2008, 2:16 p.m.

Transition Covert…if the Syren is a little big…it climbs like a goat and can if it can deal with my fat ass then your wife will be more than fine on it…hah. I love this bike so far….

June 4, 2008, 11:31 p.m.

I know you are probably thinking of something else but just for anyone else who is reading this…..

Stray, Do you know how much your sister's bike weighs?

36.52 Pounds on the NSBS scale

I ride Bikes

June 5, 2008, 3:01 p.m.

I went with a friend to buy a new bike the other day. It was cool to see all the skookum new bikes and watch her get all excited at the prospect of being able to ride whenever she felt like it. I remember when we picked up my first bike and how I wanted to stop anywhere just to sit on it the whole way home. As we all do with our new bike she gently pulled it in and out of the shed to show anybody who can around, left her new shin pads on and used any excuse to bring her helmet out. It was fun to watch and it was the first time I really notice what a bag of shit my bike looks like now compared to when I first got it. Its scratched, dented has mismatched parts and has dirt where no toothbrush or hose can get too.
For every dent the bike has I have a dent and a story. That one there is the first time I tried to do the woodwork on Corkscrew and fell left onto the rocks, the other one is the time I endoed on pipeline (over a rock, a small one!) Each dent and scratch is a badge of honor, a testament to the fact that I did that stunt. I went over that rockface, I had the guts to do it, fail, then get right back on my bike.
We protect our new bikes, groan at the first sign of age or wear but really we should celebrate it. Its the stretch marks of the birth of new skills, the wrinkles of knowledge of the trails and the grey hairs of experience on the bike.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

June 5, 2008, 4:13 p.m.

That was deep.

June 5, 2008, 4:15 p.m.

That was deep.

Yeah and good stuff. I like it. :)

all investing is is a type of arbitrage, and thats not gambling. theres an element of risk and potential of profit involved, but those are broad and dont qualify somthing as gambling.

most Christians I know, myself included, would say that science is the way through which we learn about everything that God has created, but we learn at the pace which he sets for us.

June 8, 2008, 9:13 p.m.

I tried an SX trail and a Norco six one…bought the six one (although loved both)…I don't find the Norco clunky at all…have ridden it uphill (sfu), down (N Shore, Woodlot, Whis) and love it…I'm 5'2" 135lbs..both are GREAT bikes

sweeeeeet

June 9, 2008, 12:33 a.m.

I tried an SX trail and a Norco six one…bought the six one (although loved both)…I don't find the Norco clunky at all…have ridden it uphill (sfu), down (N Shore, Woodlot, Whis) and love it…I'm 5'2" 135lbs..both are GREAT bikes

2008 Six One? Nice bike! It is good to hear that even at 5'2" (no offense intended) you can find a bike that fits well. Do they offer an XS size, or is small good? It seems that a lot of frames only go down to about 15" (seattube length) at the smallest/shortest…

22 Pride

June 9, 2008, 8:31 a.m.

lol…no offense taken! It is very hard for a small girl to find a small bike that's small enough!
I had a small Kona Coiler deelux before this (my first full susp…started with a hardtail before that and a bmx before that!!…no problems with size on bmx's lol) and it was a good bike and I could handle it but the Norco feels smaller…and it is a small, not XS.

The small SX trail felt good too though..their geometry is almost the same though….I also like the fact that I can dial everything to how I want it without multiple allen keys….shock (fox 5 dhx air), forks(Marzocchi 66 ATA)…even brakes (Hayes stroker trail). I did a lot of research (and saving) before I bought her, I had also considered a reign, switch and G spot but I am very glad with my bike….is it possible to actually LOVE an inanimate object?? :love:

sweeeeeet

June 9, 2008, 9:07 a.m.

From a fellow 5'2" gal, I empathize with you… Not many bikes are made for those of us with short-leg syndrome!! So far I've had luck with the Norco Fluid (the beefed up version that was the predecessor to the Six), a SC Bullit, a Giant DH Team and a Turner DHR. I also tested a Giant Reign and found that it would be a good option too. Once you get used to not being able to put a foot down, more bikes become options, like a SX Trail, Demo7 and Demo8 etc.

June 9, 2008, 9:10 a.m.

2008 Six One? Nice bike! It is good to hear that even at 5'2" (no offense intended) you can find a bike that fits well. Do they offer an XS size, or is small good? It seems that a lot of frames only go down to about 15" (seattube length) at the smallest/shortest…

My experience with XS bikes is that the toptube is too short with no increased standover clearance from the Smalls. I guess it all depends on whether the 5'2" is more in the legs or more in the upper body.