Any Dirtbike Divas???

July 10, 2006, 11:49 p.m.

I am the novice champ you know…lol….I could use some coaching that would be so rad…..for me its so about lack of fitness, I have never been fit enough to use my skills for more than about 8 seconds…..but I'll get in shape for sure probably maybe sometime soon.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

July 11, 2006, 10:47 a.m.

I was practicing on the small natural whoops out in Barnhartvale. Leaning back, gripping with my legs and opening it out in 3rd and 4th. So much fun!

I'm getting a free schoolin' session with Heath Card today. "Keep up or get lost ya pussy!"

July 11, 2006, 6:51 p.m.

Ya Heath's an animal. He could tear you a new one if you gave him the chance. How was the riding?

Corey- The tips are helpful, can you provide any clues on using the throttle more effectively on climbs? Like feathering the throttle?
I know a bunch of the stuff you mentioned so I try to practice it all be it not well…….

PS- Of course I have boots! I own a bike shop I'd better not be that low class as to not wear some booties. Fox makes a lovely childrens boot that fit awesome.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

July 11, 2006, 7:19 p.m.

Riding today was soooo much fun! We got into some bog sending up some big roost at Tera. Good times! Speaking of bog, I was climbing this one hill in second and I was losing power, so I dump it into 1st, but instead it was neutral, so I dropped the bike half way up. Rookie! The MX bike is starting to feel comfy now, more like a mountain bike than a 200lb motor on wheels.

July 11, 2006, 7:48 p.m.

oh ask Tera about me dropping the bike into neutral like 5 times over on one climb. It's funny it's the only time I seem to be able to get it into neutral….when I really don't want it.

May 29, 2007, 1:54 a.m.

An old thread this one here that I happened across…but there's some worthy tips above worthy of reviving.
Besides….A Brother of mine you haven't met (I have 5 of 'em ;) )….He and his GF are beginnerish and into nice learning pace sorta rides. She's on an old RT180 2stroke.
They try to ride 2-3 weekends a mth. Let me know Cheryl if you need/want to hook up with them for rides.

May 29, 2007, 9:40 a.m.

wayne hold on with yer ankles not your knees, especially thru whoops, let the bike move, grab on hard with yer knees if you go into a tank slapper of course.

also if yer hitting neutral kids its because you are fully in the wrong gear.

1st gear basically does not exist especially in the woods. If you can't hold 2nd, consider your entrance speed, come in in 3rd, and try and be smoother, then when you drop you are going to 2nd. Riding between 1st and 2nd is wrong in so many ways.

If you really can't hold the taller gears, Cheryl consider going up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket and you will never hit neutral again. That will change the bike drastically. You will be rockin second and third all day.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

June 1, 2007, 11:29 a.m.

An old thread this one here that I happened across…but there's some worthy tips above worthy of reviving.
Besides….A Brother of mine you haven't met (I have 5 of 'em ;) )….He and his GF are beginnerish and into nice learning pace sorta rides. She's on an old RT180 2stroke.
They try to ride 2-3 weekends a mth. Let me know Cheryl if you need/want to hook up with them for rides.

That sounds like fun! Let me know. There are a bunch of ladies that ride now from the mtbike scene here.

July 8, 2010, 2:31 p.m.

So any women in the lower main land want to ride???? I've just started to ride so uber easy stuff for me but it would be nice to ride with a girl or two. So far only ridden with the boys (who have been amazingly patient with me)

oh, I am only on ride #11 on my dirt bike, never rode a motorbike before in my life so everything is so new. But I love the rush i get :)

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

July 8, 2010, 2:57 p.m.

send Denise (lets ride) a message. She might be interested in bringing her bike down from the lake if there is an opportunity to ride it.

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

July 8, 2010, 4:47 p.m.

Sweet!

lets ride, lets ride!

that sounds funny

July 8, 2010, 4:48 p.m.

I am also so impressed the quantity of womens gear for motorcross/dirt biking. Spent too much money in Oregon last weekend but how can a girl pass on so much pink.

July 9, 2010, 4:06 p.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2;2393113]Sweet!

lets ride, lets ride!

that sounds funny[/QUOTE]

You are right…it does sound funny, but fun!

July 9, 2010, 8:41 p.m.

Hey ladies, I just got a cr230 and am dying to get out! I have lots of time this summer!!! Where do you usually ride? Squamish and Pemby works best for me.

July 9, 2010, 9:03 p.m.

I would love an afterwork rip in Squamish on Thursday nights.