Ahh Fridays

Oct. 2, 2009, 12:38 p.m.

Quite often it happens on Friday mornings where I can[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t shake the sleep out of my eyes and blunder around until that first invigoration sip of coffee. Today was no exception. With coworkers on holiday supping up the last bits of summer, we were nothing short of busy for the last three weeks. Overtime, working through lunches and breaks became the norm.
I rode to work today as I usually do, confused myself for a bit wondering if I had turned all my safety lights off and meandered over to the shower room where I excused the door for running into me. I dropped nearly everything I owned on the floor, tripped over my pant leg and stubbed my toe getting back into my shoe.
I couldn[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t wait to be holding a hot cup of dark wakefulness in my hand.
I gloried in that cup. I held its warmth, sniffed it and blew on it with all the care given by grandmothers to new babies. After it was done I could feel the sense coming back into me. My fingers danced across the keyboard and my eyes agreed to follow the letters as I typed. I knew the coffee had waked nearly every bit as I felt the tradition urge to go back to the bathroom.
And it was a good thing I did.
On the way down the corridor to the ladies room I spotted my spare pair of underwear crouched beside the entrance to the mens room.
I scooped them and stuffed them into my shirt without a thought and as I looked up the CFO glanced away pretending not to see me. The same CFO who caught me changing in my cubicle one morning when I had forgotten my card key and couldn[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t get into the ladies room to change.
I wonder if Ill get a raise?

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Oct. 2, 2009, 12:57 p.m.

:lol:

Oct. 2, 2009, 7:21 p.m.

:dizzy:

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Oct. 3, 2009, 9:01 p.m.

Nice one!

Earlier this summer I was riding out to some trail when a buddy had to fix a flat. I wandered into the woods to take a leak and when I got back to the trail I saw a sock on the ground. I thought to myself: Who loses a sock here? Then I noticed it was a freshly laundered sock, as in, perfectly clean. I bent down and realized that it was one of MY socks that must have have been stuck inside my bike shorts by the dryer and had only just dropped out. I tucked it quickly into my pack and I don't think anyone noticed.

welcome to the bottom of my post.

Oct. 9, 2009, 2:27 p.m.

Today is again friday,,,

This morning at a camera intersection 240th and lougheed when the left hand light turned green my brain was sleeping and went straight. I saw the cameras flash and wondered why they were going off nobody else is here then I realised I just went through a red light…

and at 2:15 i shut down my comp, packed up and went to leave.. Saw everyone still standing around and thought damn thats weird friday everyone is normally outa here at least 1/2 hour early.

Then I realised I finish work at 3:15… Darwin is trying to get rid of me today..

Don't be an engineer, every one of them I've met is socially retarded