Why I don't go to gyms anymore..

Feb. 12, 2015, 11:52 p.m.

i have lost more than one friend to weightlifting….after they puff up a bit i cant even talk to them anymore…its like they have been sucked into some sort of cult.

Feb. 28, 2015, 7:39 a.m.

Well I'm going to a gym again. I got a free membership to a 5 star hotel fitness center through a part time job I'm doing. Cool thing is it's exactly one mile from my house. Been there twice so far. Run there, go hard for about 45 minutes then run back home, shower and stretch. Both times I had the whole place to myself. It's small but it's got everything I need.

www.natooke.com

March 1, 2015, 8:43 p.m.

I stopped going to gyms because I was getting too huge. bro.

Pastor of Muppets

March 1, 2015, 10:13 p.m.

Drink less milk, Bra.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 2, 2015, 6:05 a.m.

spot me,champ.

Pastor of Muppets

March 2, 2015, 12:58 p.m.

Man boobs?

March 2, 2015, 9:37 p.m.

Man boobs?

no….but who needs a wingsuit with lats like these,bro diddly!

Pastor of Muppets

April 18, 2015, 4:21 p.m.

well i DO go to gyms still. but i just wanted a place to make snarky observations…

why do the biggest meats at the gym, also spend the most time on their devices between sets? coincidence? same at your gym? i mean these guys go hard, very focused heavy lifters. but they sure have lots to text about. (brah i'm so jacked right now. dude really, send me a selfie….)

best conversation overheard at a campus gym. 2 massive meats walking down the stairs to the weight room and the one guy complaining 'i don't feel that big' his buddy 'no dude your looking really big lately, honest'. hug it out. the best.

April 18, 2015, 8:42 p.m.

I don't go to the gym when the weather is nice. I ride my bike instead. Not a lot of gym days these last 12 months … we've had so much great weather.

April 18, 2015, 9:05 p.m.

I don't go to the gym when the weather is nice. I ride my bike instead. Not a lot of gym days these last 12 months … we've had so much great weather.

I don't go to the gym when the AQI is below 50. Those are running/pull-up days.

www.natooke.com

April 18, 2015, 10:38 p.m.

which brings me to another observation. i'm there on a gorgeous saturday afternoon how lame is that. i'm recovering from a broken ankle so i can't do much, that's my excuse. considering how infrequently i go, i'm shocked at how many of the same folks are there every time i am. the same muscle couple every single time. i think they almost live there. i feel like saying- man don't you guys do other stuff??? isn't this boring pumping iron for a couple hrs at a time?? when i arrive, they're there. when i leave, they are just getting warmed up it seems… and there's many others, it blows my mind! maybe they get up and do fun stuff early in the morning who knows.

April 19, 2015, 11:48 a.m.

which brings me to another observation. i'm there on a gorgeous saturday afternoon how lame is that. i'm recovering from a broken ankle so i can't do much, that's my excuse. considering how infrequently i go, i'm shocked at how many of the same folks are there every time i am. the same muscle couple every single time. i think they almost live there. i feel like saying- man don't you guys do other stuff??? isn't this boring pumping iron for a couple hrs at a time?? when i arrive, they're there. when i leave, they are just getting warmed up it seems… and there's many others, it blows my mind! maybe they get up and do fun stuff early in the morning who knows.

A couple hours?!? Gym time should be limited to 1hr.

April 19, 2015, 12:02 p.m.

A couple hours?!? Gym time should be limited to 1hr.

why?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 19, 2015, 12:47 p.m.

why?

Work hard and go. If you have energy after an hour, you have been talking too much. Hang out if you want, but I have other things to do.

April 19, 2015, 2:32 p.m.

Work hard and go. If you have energy after an hour, you have been talking too much. Hang out if you want, but I have other things to do.

I agree. My philosophy is get in as much in a you can and as efficiently as possible. I don't go to socialize or chit-chat or look at myself in the mirror. From warmup to main sets to cooldown its go-go-go. The only breaks are for water. I do a rowing machine warm-up, main freeweight sets and end with a 5-set high-intensity speed circuit of one-arm pushups, planks, step ups, chin-ups (or pull-ups if lazy) and abs wheel after which I can barely drag myself out of the gym. Take a shower and am buzzing like a beehive and amazingly alert for the rest of the day.