Why I don't go to gyms anymore..

Feb. 10, 2015, 5:26 p.m.

I've never been to a gym that hasn't pissed me off in someway. From Yaletown fake-bakers grunting and flexing in the mirror to weirdo's in Meadow Park. Lots of insecurity confined to small spaces will do that to us I suppose.

That's why a hat and headphones are a must.

Feb. 11, 2015, 10:13 a.m.

From Yaletown fake-bakers grunting and flexing in the mirror to weirdo's in Meadow Park.

This hurts just a little….

Feb. 11, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

just don't tell him you do curls in the squat rack.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 11, 2015, 10:28 a.m.

I refuse to believe you strut about the gym, throwing dumbbells around and grunting so the whole world can hear you.

Feb. 11, 2015, 10:54 a.m.

I refuse to believe you strut about the gym, throwing dumbbells around and grunting so the whole world can hear you.

I was thinking more about the bronzing and posing… ;-)

Feb. 11, 2015, 11:30 a.m.

I hope the AZN yellow is OK ?

Lee [HTML_REMOVED] I had many yucks all week declaring aloud that "all white people look the same"

Feb. 11, 2015, 12:16 p.m.

What's up with people dropping barbells during or at the end of every set? If they get extremely annoying, I go up to them and (politely) show/explain to them how you get more benefits by weilding barbells with total muscular control as opposed pussing out and letting momentum and gravity do the job their muscles should be doing. There is nothing more annoying than some chalk-covered douche swinging barbells around and dropping them. If you are an Olympian doing a best-effort lift for the Gold medal, that's a different story.

I hope the AZN yellow is OK ?

Lee [HTML_REMOVED] I had many yucks all week declaring aloud that "all white people look the same"

I've done the "aren't you going to go over and say 'hi' to that Asian guy? don't all Asian people know each other?" with him.

Feb. 11, 2015, 12:38 p.m.

What's up with people dropping barbells during or at the end of every set? If they get extremely annoying, I go up to them and (politely) show/explain to them how you get more benefits by weilding barbells with total muscular control as opposed pussing out and letting momentum and gravity do the job their muscles should be doing. There is nothing more annoying than some chalk-covered douche swinging barbells around and dropping them. If you are an Olympian doing a best-effort lift for the Gold medal, that's a different story.

I've done the "aren't you going to go over and say 'hi' to that Asian guy? don't all Asian people know each other?" with him.

The concrete floor at my gym is under repair from guys tossing the 100lb plus dumbbells after their set. It you can't put it down, it's too heavy for you.

Feb. 11, 2015, 6 p.m.

The concrete floor at my gym is under repair from guys tossing the 100lb plus dumbbells after their set. It you can't put it down, it's too heavy for you.

You can't lump all weightlifting together though, no reason why I can't drop a barbell loaded with bumper plates onto a platform after C[HTML_REMOVED]Js or snatches.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Feb. 11, 2015, 6:39 p.m.

You can't lump all weightlifting together though, no reason why I can't drop a barbell loaded with bumper plates onto a platform after C[HTML_REMOVED]Js or snatches.

I agree … if you are training to do explosive lifts and doing it with bumper plates on a lifting platform, its fair game, but the people who bug me are clueless and/or have poor technique and drop metal barbells onto the floor.

Feb. 11, 2015, 6:52 p.m.

Yes, if you are using bumpers on a platform, then have at it. I do the same. But, tossing dumbbells to the ground is being an asshole. Our breaks the equipment and damages the facility. If you can't put it down under control, it's too heavy.

Olympic lifts are different.

Feb. 12, 2015, 5:30 p.m.

Gym stereotypes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU4EJfX2aXE

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 12, 2015, 5:32 p.m.

Yes, if you are using bumpers on a platform, then have at it. I do the same. But, tossing dumbbells to the ground is being an asshole. Our breaks the equipment and damages the facility. If you can't put it down under control, it's too heavy.

Olympic lifts are different.

Dropping the dumb bells because your lazy is crap. The occasional drop because things went wrong I will give you a pass.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 12, 2015, 5:37 p.m.

Gym stereotypes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU4EJfX2aXE

lol - that's awesome

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 12, 2015, 7:42 p.m.

the i'm still using these guy. awesome! i'll be done in like 15 minutes but your next…

can i work in while you text on that machine? work in. work in. oh fuck it never mind…