Truths I learned the hard way.

Dec. 2, 2013, 3:01 p.m.

With heart disease, stroke, cancer and obesity rampant in my family I have always kept being healthy a priority. Sometimes in the pursuit of health, I try some wacky scheme or diet and then I feel like and ass for being dumb.
This is a list of the things I learned the hard way and some things that became my favorites.
1. I love the idea of running but actauly hate doing it. I love it when I stop though because stopping running feels so damn good.
2. Carbs, protien and fat all make me fat if I don't use them properly.
3. Whey powder makes me gassier than a steam train.
4. Power bars are not food.
5. Rice is rocket fuel. Beans and rice with eggs are the perfect long day of riding breakfast.
6. Fruit and vegetables are unlimited.
7. Planned, balanced meals eliminate cravings.
8. Riding my bike makes me feel like what all those commercials tell me I will feel like if I buy their products.
9. Alcohol may seem like fun, but riding my bike feeling good is a thousand times better.
10. Yoga takes my body, gives it a hug and tells it that it will all be ok. It strengthens every part of me and leaves gives me a calm that I take with me down Cypress.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Dec. 2, 2013, 3:02 p.m.

What kinda beans? Prep the night before or cook up with yer eggs?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Dec. 2, 2013, 3:06 p.m.

yes, tell us more about this

5. Rice is rocket fuel. Beans and rice with eggs are the perfect long day of riding breakfast.

Dec. 2, 2013, 3:10 p.m.

Black beans from the can. Heat leftover white rice (cooked) and then add the beans. Add various spices and voila.
The best is the Costa Rican version. Gallo Pinto.

http://costa-rica-guide.com/travel/index.php?option=com_content[HTML_REMOVED]task=view[HTML_REMOVED]id=282[HTML_REMOVED]Itemid=489

Dec. 2, 2013, 3:31 p.m.

9. Alcohol may seem like fun, but riding my bike feeling good is a thousand times better.

Alcohol after a long day of riding is better than Walter White's meth.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 2, 2013, 4:14 p.m.

9. Alcohol while riding my bike, feeling good is a thousand times better than water from a stinky plastic bladder.

Revised #9 for you :)

X0X
dee

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Dec. 2, 2013, 7:54 p.m.

Sorry, you lost me at this whole Teetolar concept.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 2, 2013, 8:17 p.m.

Regarding number three, have you tried other forms of protein powders, or just whey from a specific manufacturer?

Also, Beano works, but my farts smell like roses so I don't need to take them.

Dec. 2, 2013, 8:33 p.m.

I found when I switched from a whey based protein to vega that I had less inflammation and pain in my joints.

For me it's an allergic response. That might be why it makes you gassy. You body may not be happy with it.

Dec. 2, 2013, 10:48 p.m.

yes, tell us more about this

please no.

the last thing anyone needs is you eating more beans.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 3, 2013, 6:05 a.m.

I found when I switched from a whey based protein to vega that I had less inflammation and pain in my joints.

For me it's an allergic response. That might be why it makes you gassy. You body may not be happy with it.

It's actually the dairy. I don't handle it very well. Vega wasn't much better but egg protein has worked well.

Dec. 3, 2013, 6:58 a.m.

Teetolar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 3, 2013, 9:23 a.m.

Whoa! Hold the beer kart right there folks. I meant that riding with out a hangover is great. Nothing was said about abstinence.

Dec. 3, 2013, 5:14 p.m.

It's actually the dairy. I don't handle it very well. Vega wasn't much better but egg protein has worked well.

Exactly… Not that I do a lot of dairy, but it only seems to be when it is in whey form that affects me so much.

Not to be a vega add, but their post workout pre protien powder really helps with recovery. I am much less sore if I take that right after, and 30 min before protien.

Dec. 3, 2013, 5:18 p.m.

Black beans from the can. Heat leftover white rice (cooked) and then add the beans. Add various spices and voila.
The best is the Costa Rican version. Gallo Pinto.

http://costa-rica-guide.com/travel/index.php?option=com_content[HTML_REMOVED]task=view[HTML_REMOVED]id=282[HTML_REMOVED]Itemid=489

And right there is where you ruined it girl.

Switch to brown rice , or black rice which is full of antioxidants, more so than blueberries and blackberries

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.