Tail Bone.. injury

May 18, 2016, 8:40 p.m.

Two weeks ago i rode half nelson and tseudo tsuega . I bailed on a piece of wood kicked out from the guy riding in front me , went under my front wheel . I pancaked sideways landed on my ass and back snapping my head back giving wierd whip lash. My buut was only a little sore. A week later not having any soreness at all I did 27K xc ride with my wife. The next day my rear was so sore I could sit on a chair, car seat and definitely not on my bike seat.
Im not sure wha to do .. anybody have some insight on tailbone injuries?
Staring at my bike sad now..no hope of riding .
Was going to kelowna to visit relatives and ride there this weekend:(

May 18, 2016, 9:01 p.m.

The only thing worse than self diagnosis is internet diagnosis.

May 18, 2016, 9:03 p.m.

But where you wearing your bum guard…i feel your pain from ages ago. Pranged my ass bone good as a teen and remember it taking a long time to be able to sit normal. Any wrong move/pressure point seemed to re-injure and set back the healing process. Like getting the worst bruise and someone keeps digging their thumb into it every day…
So consider your bike seat as someones thumb for a while lol sorry man.

May 18, 2016, 9:09 p.m.

The only thing worse than an internet diagnosis is getting a finger up the bum and the doctor still manages to give you 2 thumbs up:love:

May 18, 2016, 10:35 p.m.

If you sit for work it may take a long time. I had a tail bone bruise that took months to heal up. I took skiing back up after that bail.

May 19, 2016, 2:23 a.m.

The only thing worse than an internet diagnosis is getting a finger up the bum and the doctor still manages to give you 2 thumbs up:love:

I can't poke any holes in that. :)

May 19, 2016, 6:01 a.m.

get to the clinic and get it checked out I have Sacram issues once in a while and the pain is sickening , cannot get comfortable in any position .

#northsidetrailbuilders

May 19, 2016, 7:13 a.m.

Um thanks guys , I did nit mention that I am having sciatic pain down my right leg as well. Not the first time that has happened but it did flare up at the same time…

May 19, 2016, 8:52 a.m.

Maybe post a photo and we can take a look? ha!

Go see the doctor. Tailbone bruises take forever to heal but get it checked out pronto.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

May 22, 2016, 4:10 p.m.

Well still can't ride or sit comfortably
Had to resort to an inflatable donut pillow
Missing riding badly

May 22, 2016, 10:52 p.m.

You bring back memories of a long forgotten mtb injury! I don't recall the incident, but i do recall the emergency doc snapping on a glove and making a "point to the sky" motion. In my case, it wasn't too bad and i was back to normal pretty quick. I had no need for the donut etc. So sounds like yours is worse.

May 28, 2016, 9 a.m.

So have spent the last two weeks babying my ass… As in using a donut pillow anytime i sit. I have good friend and neighbour who is an outstanding RMT she had a "poke" around back there and last week and suggested It was not my tailbone, but a bad strain on my gluteal maximus attachments ie tendonitis flare up. AS I had done a big for me squamish ride (climb) the week before then another 50K the weekend after that I had just overstressed them.. I turn 49 next week so am not surprised but I am in better shape than I was at 35 so cest la vie.
I just sat on my bike this morning and no pain, just a metric shit ton of rain here on the shore.
Mother nature is telling me to lay off a bit longer I guess…
I hurt my tailbone very badly in the 80's skateboarding (cant sit comfortably for long periods to this day) so at least it's not that again..
I am on the road back to a trail. yay