Resistance clothing

Aug. 16, 2015, 3:11 a.m.

Interesting:

Wear them for training and leave them at home on race day. Sounds like a recipe for win.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rxactive-the-world-s-first-resistance-activewear#/story

www.natooke.com

Aug. 16, 2015, 6:29 a.m.

I already have something like this for road rides.

Except it's a kid in a chariot

I already have something like this for mtn biking.

Except it's old age and a beer gut

Aug. 16, 2015, 7:26 a.m.

I already have something like this for road rides.

Except it's a kid in a chariot

I already have something like this for mtn biking.

Except it's old age and a beer gut

I have the same kit.

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 16, 2015, 8:34 p.m.

That's like being a roadie and training for hillclimbs by riding with knobby tires. It may tire you out more, but will it actually adapt your cardiovascular system to what you are hoping to achieve? You may burn more calories riding a bike with poor fit, a rusty chain, wheels with shot bearings, and a loose bottom bracket - but to what end? You aren't necessarily "training" the things that make you a better rider in general, even though it may teach you to ride a shitty bike better than someone who isn't used to riding a shitty bike.

Aug. 16, 2015, 8:42 p.m.

crossfitters .

/end thread

Aug. 16, 2015, 8:48 p.m.

crossfitters .

/end thread

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 16, 2015, 8:53 p.m.

crossfitters .

/end thread

there is a crossfit gym out here on dewdney , place is barely open not sure how they stay in business

#northsidetrailbuilders

Aug. 16, 2015, 8:54 p.m.

there is a crossfit gym out here on dewdney , place is barely open not sure how they stay in business

lots of farmers need tires moved I guess…..

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 16, 2015, 9:35 p.m.

'sheets , i don't lol at the 'net very often , but i did there .

where'd you come up with that shit ?

Aug. 16, 2015, 9:47 p.m.

'sheets , i don't lol at the 'net very often , but i did there .

where'd you come up with that shit ?

drinking a beer….watching the crossfitters up the street flipping tires.

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 17, 2015, 1:18 a.m.

That's like being a roadie and training for hillclimbs by riding with knobby tires. It may tire you out more, but will it actually adapt your cardiovascular system to what you are hoping to achieve? You may burn more calories riding a bike with poor fit, a rusty chain, wheels with shot bearings, and a loose bottom bracket - but to what end? You aren't necessarily "training" the things that make you a better rider in general, even though it may teach you to ride a shitty bike better than someone who isn't used to riding a shitty bike.

What about for running? Same thing? I guess that makes sense.

www.natooke.com

Aug. 17, 2015, 9:31 a.m.

The closest thing to resistant clothing for running would be interval training, but unless the resistant clothing is plate armour and chainmail, I would guess your time (and money) is better spent on interval training.

The secret to improving run times (insert "duh?" here) is to run as fast as you can for as long as you can. You will tend to reach your full potential most directly by a attaining consistent pace just below the maximum threshold you can sustain over that entire distance (maximum tempo or set-pace). Of course you can't do that for every run, and you should work it in with distance runs at sub-threshold intensity (if you are running middle-and-long distances - basically anything over 400m) and interval training.

Aug. 17, 2015, 11:24 p.m.

If I remember correctly seen a mini parachute used for drag.

Most technical I have gotten in the running realm is intervals on a soccer field dragging a old car tire. Old school tool that made a come back with Crossfit.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 18, 2015, 12:07 a.m.

This training resistance clothing would be awesome for generating drag while you run

You'll never get fast running in form fitting clothing

Aug. 18, 2015, 9:29 a.m.

This is kind of like the whole training at altitude thing…

The altitude is good for your hematocrit but you can't train as hard so you lose some of the upside…

I read an article somewhere about a study where they had a bunch of different athletes training at sea level and basically living in a giant hypobaric chamber when they weren't training. Results were pretty good but not very practical long term.