recovery from getting snipped

Jan. 23, 2016, 12:52 p.m.

about 1 week later and i'm waiting for the 'piece of cake' part. pretty dam painful to me so far (except for the procedure). i'd like to do some basic weights just on machines at the gym but i keep reading horror stories. some guys are laughing in a few days others feel pain for years and swelling for weeks. this is starting to freak me out.

Jan. 23, 2016, 2:49 p.m.

I took three days off from work and worked on a section of trail (blue balls is what it ended up being called).
Dont do that - I am an idiot, but got away with no infection or problems.

Good luck!

Jan. 23, 2016, 3:05 p.m.

everyone reacts differently, i was fine a day or two later but ended up with thrombosis (blood cot in vessel) that made my sack swell. Dr. is a riding buddy [HTML_REMOVED] said i did it on purpose so he'd have to touch my junk again.

Jan. 23, 2016, 4:11 p.m.

about 1 week later and i'm waiting for the 'piece of cake' part. pretty dam painful to me so far (except for the procedure). i'd like to do some basic weights just on machines at the gym but i keep reading horror stories. some guys are laughing in a few days others feel pain for years and swelling for weeks. this is starting to freak me out.

I feel for you , I went back to work after four days( I'm a chef in the film industry) three days I swelled up like grapefruits and started to pee blood. Who kew standing 15 hrs a day in front of gas range etc would do so much damage.
It gets better eventually you will be fine. All the people that say its just snip no big deal have not had it done themselves or are flat out liars….
Stay Strong relax and ice your coconuts:)

Jan. 23, 2016, 5:14 p.m.

I had it done on a Wednesday, painless. Totally rested with a constant ache…. Monday back to work no problem but took it easy for a few days.
Still shooting blanks.

Jan. 23, 2016, 5:19 p.m.

was a couple months before i felt i was 100% recovered with no discomfort of any kind .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 23, 2016, 8:34 p.m.

couple of months!?! aye carumba.

Jan. 23, 2016, 9:19 p.m.

I was riding my bike 5 days after mine…. you guys are wimps…

Jan. 23, 2016, 9:40 p.m.

couple of months!?! aye carumba.

yeah , for heavy lifts and such I used to lift a 85lb chuck for the lathe from the ground several times a day . squating to pick up the chuck and lifting it up took a while before it was pain free .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 23, 2016, 11:37 p.m.

After you get it done DO NOT DO ANYTHING. Err on the side of caution [HTML_REMOVED] it should be fine. I had the no scalpel version done [HTML_REMOVED] rested with an icepack for a number of days [HTML_REMOVED] just watched TV.

Thread killer

Jan. 24, 2016, 9:16 a.m.

After you get it done DO NOT DO ANYTHING. Err on the side of caution [HTML_REMOVED] it should be fine. I had the no scalpel version done [HTML_REMOVED] rested with an icepack for a number of days [HTML_REMOVED] just watched TV.

YEAH right LOL !!!

my wife dragged me around shopping till the freezing wore off , then made me laugh so hard I damn near puked from the pain , then felt sorry for me and decided to find out if the rocket still went into launch mood !!!:thepimp:

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 24, 2016, 10:29 a.m.

YEAH right LOL !!!

my wife dragged me around shopping till the freezing wore off , then made me laugh so hard I damn near puked from the pain , then felt sorry for me and decided to find out if the rocket still went into launch mood !!!:thepimp:

Dude no firing off rockets post surgery are you crazy!!!

Jan. 24, 2016, 10:41 a.m.

Also don't forget about the waiting period before your actually shooting blanks, know a few people that have extra kid from that mistake.

Jan. 24, 2016, 2:42 p.m.

Dude no firing off rockets post surgery are you crazy!!!

she wanted to make sure everything still worked LOL , I had a buddy and a guy on his hockey team had it done on a Friday and played hockey that night , he was black and blue and swollen to mid thigh afterwards LOL .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 1, 2016, 4:42 p.m.

2 days on the couch not moving much and then it was back to life as usual. Even better than usual. Not worrying about birth control was like getting an aphrodisiac installed… permanently!

Minor bleeding at the surgical site made for some impressive bruising that looked a lot worse than it felt.