Pure, White, And Deadly

Feb. 15, 2014, 11:25 p.m.

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/sounding+alarm+about+toxic+sugar+ended+John+Yudkin+career/9510442/story.html

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 16, 2014, 7:32 a.m.

Doesn't matter if you use honey or sugar IME any added sweetner just makes you want more sweetener which you don't really need BUt if you quit adding sweetner to food, tea or coffee you will find you don't need it and you will taste what you are eating/drinking instead of sugar

Feb. 16, 2014, 8:43 a.m.

The only thing that article proves to me is the almost criminal level of stupidity that is constantly shown by " researchers".

Every single time they stumble on a correlation, no matter how insignificant, they go running off to publish their results as proof, and then of course the media pick it up and all of a sudden, eggs are deadly.

Meat is bad for you.

Caffeine is the devil, well maybe, who knows …

Eat a diet of mostly unprocessed foods, do not be frightened away from anything, and eat and drink all things in moderation.

You will live just as long as anyone following the fads and latest research (which for the most part is unbanked guesses and hunches).

It is amazing how on Facebook people will champion this stuff.

Give up caffeine? That is just crazy talk.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 16, 2014, 9 a.m.

Meat is bad for you.

well, in connection with the "enjoy it while you can thread," meat is bad for the planet.

the amount of resources, in particular water, that it takes to produce a lb of beef for example is ridiculouos - 9000L. also don't forget to include the damage to local groundwater systems that commercial beef plants cause.

but it's really not so much that meat is the problem, the issue is that there's too many of us eating too much of it.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 16, 2014, 9:17 a.m.

The documentary "Fat Head" goes into some more detail on the narrative of how the Keys study became public health policy gospel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgBLQIJEcbE

Check my stuff for sale!

Feb. 16, 2014, 9:44 a.m.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday lying in hospitals dying of nothing

Feb. 16, 2014, 9:59 a.m.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday lying in hospitals dying of nothing

of course! becuase dying of:

Alzheimer's disease
Arthritis
atherosclerosis
asthma
cancer
chronic liver disease or cirrhosis
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Type 2 diabetes
heart disease
metabolic syndrome
chronic renal failure
osteoporosis
stroke
depression
obesity

sounds like sooooooo much more fun.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 16, 2014, 10:32 a.m.

of course! becuase dying of:

Alzheimer's disease
Arthritis
atherosclerosis
asthma
cancer
chronic liver disease or cirrhosis
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Type 2 diabetes
heart disease
metabolic syndrome
chronic renal failure
osteoporosis
stroke
depression
obesity

sounds like sooooooo much more fun.

it does, compared to being an internet wanna be hero.

Feb. 16, 2014, 10:35 a.m.

i could quit anytime i want i just dont want too

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

Feb. 16, 2014, 10:41 a.m.

it does, compared to being an internet wanna be hero.

i'll remember that next time you're too tired for a second shuttle lap.

Ellen Langer

Feb. 16, 2014, 11:11 a.m.

I'll be drinking beer

Feb. 16, 2014, 11:42 a.m.

i'll remember that next time you're too tired for a second shuttle lap.

awaits DaveM's response

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 16, 2014, 5:44 p.m.

Possibly. I generally don't much care for sweet things, but in like honey once in a while. It's a treat, kind of nice. Either on an English muffin, or maybe in a cup of tea. But that's it, once in a while. Don't like it or want it any more than that.

Once in awhile is ok but before I quit honey I used to go thru a 3 lb pail of honey in [HTML_REMOVED]2 months which was excessive

eggs are good food maybe you don't need to eat 3 a day?

meats good maybe not a 16 oz steaK?

Feb. 16, 2014, 6:07 p.m.

The only thing that article proves to me is the almost criminal level of stupidity that is constantly shown by "journalists trying to create clickbait articles based off of scientific research".

FYP

Feb. 21, 2014, 11:09 p.m.

That's why they step on it dummy. Oh wait…………

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.