Potential C6 fracture | Any experience??

Feb. 17, 2016, 4:09 p.m.

to be fair, after my first set of Cat Scan's the doctor asked me if I had ever fractured a vertebrae before, I said not that I knew of, and he said that it looked like I may have previously but that it's relatively common for people to carry on their daily lives with stable compression fractures and recover without them ever knowing they'd had that injury other than a 'sore back'…and also to be fair,

Same thing happened to me. It wasn't until I broke by L5 that I found out that I had previously broken by L4. About 6 weeks to recover each time and about 3 months off from riding but listen to your doctor. Good physio and listening to the doctor was really the defining thing in recovery the 2nd time. The first time I didn't know it was broken so I had years of back pain that went away after the 2nd break. The Idiot Doctor never saw the break the first time so he sent me home with a prescription for T3s and I didn't get proper treatment.

Feb. 17, 2016, 5:28 p.m.

I got piled up on Boogieman back in 2002. Fractured T4,T5,T6. Full face and flack jacket saved my life I like to think. 4 months later I did the Test of Metal. I had to cut out the hard riding and stick to the commuter. I kept as active as my body would let me. I felt good on the Test. To this day I have a space in my back where the skin has no feeling. It will be hard work to recover. Am I 100%, nope and never will be. I am ok with 95%

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Feb. 17, 2016, 6:12 p.m.

Compression fractured my C6 in my early twenties. Never slowed down on my activities after that at all, despite the pain. Young, immortal…and dumb. Healed with no problems.
Found out about it when I had a CT scan twenty years later. The images looked like I fractured the fuck out of it too.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

March 2, 2016, 7:33 p.m.

Well, looks like I got off scott free, luckily. The doc phoned, and all is well. They were actually doing the CT scan as something showed up on the Odontoid Process on the C2, so I'm pretty happy that it's all clear. The whole C-spine was scanned…

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Ride, don't slide.

March 3, 2016, 3 p.m.

to be fair, after my first set of Cat Scan's the doctor asked me if I had ever fractured a vertebrae before, I said not that I knew of, and he said that it looked like I may have previously but that it's relatively common for people to carry on their daily lives with stable compression fractures and recover without them ever knowing they'd had that injury other than a 'sore back'…and also to be fair, I also augured into the ground head first and also fractured my skull and blew apart my cochlea in my ear too, so it wasn't an average tumble that I got up from and walked away shaking it off, I was immobilized and spineboarded on site and was not in good shape.

I know 2 others with similar stories , friend on mine injured his leg and when the did a x-ray they found his femur was showing a healed fracture that was within the last 18mths . funny thing is he never broke his leg or crashed hard enough to have caused the injury .

and the 2nd one a buddy crashed in the park last summer and again x-rays showed he had healed fractures in his neck , again no crashes that could have caused those .

#northsidetrailbuilders