My eyesight is changing.

Dec. 20, 2016, 6:30 a.m.

I think I might go with something like this. Probably not willing to pay this much though.

http://ca.oakley.com/en/radarlock-path-photochromic/product/W0OO9181PHT

Dec. 20, 2016, 11:25 a.m.

Hey beutiful people…..

Turning 50 soon and my eyesight has really changed within the last few years. Started out by having trouble seeing close objects and now starting to have problems with further objects.

Thanks

Almost 50 and it has hit me like a brick wall in the last year. Driving at night is becoming and issue.

You are not alone

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Dec. 20, 2016, 12:16 p.m.

I think I might go with something like this. Probably not willing to pay this much though.

http://ca.oakley.com/en/radarlock-path-photochromic/product/W0OO9181PHT

I'm not even sure how/if you can put a prescription in that frame? Some prescriptions don't work well in a wraparound frame, do you even know if that frame will fit your head, have you had the full eye exam already if not … you might be putting the cart before the horse

Dec. 20, 2016, 12:17 p.m.

Almost 50 and it has hit me like a brick wall in the last year. Driving at night is becoming and issue.

You are not alone

Wayfarers with yellow lenses also good in the low light [HTML_REMOVED] blizzard conditions

Dec. 20, 2016, 12:27 p.m.

I'm not even sure how/if you can put a prescription in that frame? Some prescriptions don't work well in a wraparound frame, do you even know if that frame will fit your head, have you had the full eye exam already if not … you might be putting the cart before the horse

Oh no no… ;-)
I'm not buying anything before I see my eye doc. I'm just thinking out loud just in case some of you guys already tested a few of those sport/riding frames. The pros and cons of certain frames compared to others and like you said , is it even possible to put a prescription in those kinda frames…..

Dec. 20, 2016, 12:45 p.m.

Ha dreaming out loud … I thot so!

I have seen prescription lenses on an insert behind wrap arounds or on inserts in ski goggles

I tried to put the very curved lense of my prescription in one of them futuristic wrap around frames and the lense used to fall out all the time the most memorable time being on the Burfield chairlift into my lap

thats why I go with wayfarers which are a very flat high quality frame that can take a shit kicking, I have 5 pairs and the lenses have never fallen out , also a classic like me, also nothing fits my face/head better, remember you won't be looking at these you will be looking thru them

Dec. 23, 2016, 6:11 p.m.

I'm gonna be si six s si sixty next year. My eyesight has actually improved so that I only need one contact now. I had progressive riding glasses for road and they worked really well for. I got used to the progressive lenses instantly. But I don't require them for riding now that my prescription is weaker on the right and left. In fact I have gone skiing a couple times recently without any lens because I forgot. No issues but I certainly would not want to drive at night without. I always have an issue with fogging when it's wet and cold so I need lenses. Well only one now. That is the best. No way would I ride in everyday glasses as they tend to be low at the top so you have to crane your neck to see out of them. I have some Adidas prescription riding glasses with the photochromic lens that are excellent. The insert type where you clip something a riding glasses lens look stupid to me. Small corrective lenses probably mean cranking your damn neck to see and look like an invite for fogging issues. There are contacts that are bifocal but I don't know how well they work. There are some I think that are weighted and always sit in the same position. But I hear that they bounce so aren't good for anything where you bounce, like riding or skiing. Another type has concentric rings of close up and distance correction. I don't know anyone that has used them.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Aug. 23, 2019, 11:45 a.m.

A friend of mine told me to try her glasses on.  I was ready for that weird feeling when you put them on only to reel in horror in that it made things clearer for me.

It blew me away.

Aug. 26, 2019, 10:12 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

A friend of mine told me to try her glasses on.  I was ready for that weird feeling when you put them on only to reel in horror in that it made things clearer for me.

It blew me away.

Go see the eye doc straight away.

I had the same issue and left it too long and it actually made my eyes worse by neglecting it

I now have reading and general glasses although I was told I didn't need any for sports but I know that has changed recently. Time for contacts if my eyes can take the irritation.

Aug. 26, 2019, 11:11 a.m.

When I’m at the bar I purposely don’t wear my glasses, I’ve found it greatly increases my odds of meeting a gal. Funny how that works.

Aug. 26, 2019, 6:20 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

When I’m at the bar I purposely don’t wear my glasses, I’ve found it greatly increases my odds of meeting a gal. Funny how that works.

Just be sure  to put your glasses on before ...   

...well, you know.

Aug. 26, 2019, 7:07 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: syncro

Just be sure to put your glasses on before ...

...well, you know.

Last edited by: syncro on Aug. 26, 2019, 7:08 p.m., edited 1 time in total.