My eyesight is changing.

Dec. 17, 2016, 10:06 a.m.

Hey beutiful people…..

Turning 50 soon and my eyesight has really changed within the last few years. Started out by having trouble seeing close objects and now starting to have problems with further objects. Not much either way but it's starting to bug me. Add to that the shaking that didn't bother my vision before and now it does. I'm about to go see my eye doc but I'd like to hear from you guys first. (dedicated riding glasses, glass color , sport frame ????? )

Thanks

Dec. 17, 2016, 2:21 p.m.

i see what you are saying…..hmmmmm !

Dec. 17, 2016, 4 p.m.

do you also notice its harder to drive at night esp. in the rain ?

old age sucks ass…:damn:

Dec. 17, 2016, 4:49 p.m.

Yup, that also. And the mild headaches. I'm trying to decide what correction is best for riding ; Single-vision (far) , progressive or byfocal. I know the Optometrist will do his best to find the solution but sometimes it's a question of experementing. Some people , in the same conditions (in everyday situations) just can't adapte to progressive for example.
One thing is for sure, after the holydays I need to check it out…. As for the frame , I'm leaning towards a sport/protective frame.

Dec. 17, 2016, 6:31 p.m.

Maybe you got other problems? go to the opthamologist and get the big exam, for 100$ they dilate your pupils and scan the inside of your eyes with a bunch of expensive looking equipment tthey can tell you what you probably need

As for what frame or lense see what you need, see what fits your head, and your prescription

my script isnt good with frames having a lot of wrap around so I use Rayban Wayfares which also fit my head the best

Dec. 17, 2016, 7:01 p.m.

i couldnt get used to progressives.. ended up retyrning em

i just remove my glass' to see up close. its a hassle but at least im not trying to look throu a snall portion of the lense

Dec. 18, 2016, 10:23 a.m.

do you also notice its harder to drive at night esp. in the rain ?

old age sucks ass…:damn:

yes all that shit! makes me crazy. turned 49 this yr and vision is slowly going, sprinting speed on the ice is decreasing and recovery time lengthening. it's a real fucking piss off to be honest…

Dec. 18, 2016, 11:59 a.m.

I use a narrower height of glasses. That way for close up I can just peer beneath the lower part of my frames. If I'm doing a lot of close up work I do have to take them off but for the most part I can leave them on. I had a couple years of my eyes getting worse but it's was the same on my last exam.

Dec. 18, 2016, 12:22 p.m.

yes all that shit! makes me crazy. turned 49 this yr and vision is slowly going, sprinting speed on the ice is decreasing and recovery time lengthening. it's a real fucking piss off to be honest…

I can live with glasses, but this getting up in the middle of the night to pee all the time really sucks.

Dec. 18, 2016, 1:32 p.m.

so it,s not just me LOL , turned 48 in July and have been fighting with my vision and relying on my glasses more and more . time for a exam and new RX I guess .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 19, 2016, 9:21 a.m.

Turning 50 next spring, eyesight close up sucks and at night. I used to shoot competitively so a hard pill to swallow. I now wear progressives but not while I ride. I also notice when riding how that i can;t focus as fast . Its made me ride a lot slower because of that..

Dec. 19, 2016, 11:18 a.m.

I been wearing glasses since I was 12 … so I always sucked

btw if you are type I or II Diabetic you get a cut rate on your eye exam and its recommended you get the full exam every year

Dec. 19, 2016, 4:19 p.m.

Do Some of you also have probem with your eyes focusing when riding a "wasboard" surface?

I tried my daughter's glasses (very mild nearsighted) last night and oh what a difference.

Dec. 19, 2016, 9:21 p.m.

Do Some of you also have probem with your eyes focusing when riding a "wasboard" surface?

I tried my daughter's glasses (very mild nearsighted) last night and oh what a difference.

I have same problem , i've been temped to get my prescription in a snap in frame for riding glasses. The My riding glasses were designed to accept an interior prescription lens.

Dec. 19, 2016, 9:25 p.m.

My eyesight is fine. Its the rest of the World that is out of focus and getting blurry. Such a shame. Everything used to be so crisp and sharp. That's why I'm voting Conservative next election. In the meantime,I could use some prescription Oakley goggles for Whistler Bike Park.