motivational workout posters

Aug. 5, 2015, 12:18 p.m.

well it's not about a syncro win, let's just be accurate with what we're telling people.

Yes, for the sake of people who want freakishly large thighs ….

Aug. 5, 2015, 4:46 p.m.

I would have thought Spinner would be all over this thread.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 5, 2015, 5:03 p.m.

I would have thought Spinner would be all over this thread.

don't worry, Duncan's doing a great job of filling in for him.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 5, 2015, 5:32 p.m.

As I recover from my ACL reconstruction I'm now at the point where I can ride a bike a fair bit but have yet to hit any heavy weight exercises with lots of range of motion. It seems with this being the case, the vastus lateralis and medialis are really lacking any size. To say the one thigh looks like a chicken thigh is an understatement.

Aug. 5, 2015, 6:33 p.m.

It's amazing how quick muscles atrophy when you can't move them.

Aug. 5, 2015, 10:18 p.m.

It's pretty crazy. My PT was telling me there can be noticeable loss after 48 hrs. I forget how much the loss was but it was a fair bit.

Aug. 6, 2015, 12:33 p.m.

In the old days, the standard procedure was to immobilize the general region around any kind of injury (typically with big plaster casts and splints). This was often counterproductive because can significantly delay full recovery. Now they try to ensure that the injury zone is kept as mobile as possible with flexible and/or minimal supports where possible. There are still some old-school doctors (including orthopaedics) around (or maybe they are all retired or dead by now) who don't believe that physio speeds recovery.

Aug. 6, 2015, 12:37 p.m.

In the old days, the standard procedure was to immobilize the general region around any kind of injury (typically with big plaster casts and splints). This was often counterproductive because can significantly delay full recovery. Now they try to ensure that the injury zone is kept as mobile as possible with flexible and/or minimal supports where possible. There are still some old-school doctors (including orthopaedics) around (or maybe they are all retired or dead by now) who don't believe that physio speeds recovery.

yup - i've been on the aggressive rehab progran for a long time now.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 6, 2015, 8:53 p.m.

and some have been a bit more cheeky:

Mulva?!?

Aug. 7, 2015, 9:33 a.m.

It's a guaranteed fact that what I think is fun is more funner than what anyone else thinks is fun.

Exactly. The point is, if people are reluctant to do something (like some types of leg workouts), its probably not fun for them. The idea is that workouts should strike be a balance between a sense of accomplishment as well as enjoyment so that people keep coming back for more.

Aug. 7, 2015, 9:46 a.m.

Exactly. The point is, if people are reluctant to do something (like some types of leg workouts), its probably not fun for them. The idea is that workouts should strike be a balance between a sense of accomplishment as well as enjoyment so that people keep coming back for more.

blaspehmy. if i see people smiling and laughing at the gym i tell them to stfu and get back to work. there should be no smiles in the gym, only grimaces of pain and suffering.

to your point though i agree and it's one of the first thing i tell newbies. i also tell them that the beauty of the gym is that your results are a direct reflection of your effort and consistency. it's important that people understand the connection between input and and output.

Ellen Langer

Aug. 7, 2015, 1:47 p.m.

blaspehmy. if i see people smiling and laughing at the gym i tell them to stfu and get back to work. there should be no smiles in the gym, only grimaces of pain and suffering.

"Uh-oh. Here comes Syncro … look busy!" BTW nice skirt, dude.

Aug. 24, 2015, 10:58 p.m.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/