motivational workout posters

Aug. 4, 2015, 7:43 p.m.

so i've been making up "motivational" posters for the patrons here at the gym. lots of people have been liking them, with some being more popular than others. i put a new one up every 1-2 weeks and figure i'll start sharing them here.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 4, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

Nothing like some macho body shaming to encourage people to work harder….

I have another one for you:

"You're gonna go to the beach looking like that?? Yuck!"

www.natooke.com

Aug. 4, 2015, 8:45 p.m.

Every Day Is Leg Day.

http://www.velominati.com/etiquette/every-day-is-leg-day/

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 4, 2015, 9:19 p.m.

Nothing like some macho body shaming to encourage people to work harder….

I have another one for you:

"You're gonna go to the beach looking like that?? Yuck!"

context.

if you'd seen some of the others you'd get that there's a fair bit of humor involved with these things. that's not the first one and many of the previous ones have focused on simply looking and/or feeling good. for example the one from last week:

some have been a bit more aggressive:

and some have been a bit more cheeky:

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 4, 2015, 9:56 p.m.

There are more fun, practical and useful ways to put meat on your thighs than working them out in the gym. Just riding to get around, sprint intervals and massive miles on a bike through some of the most beautiful outdoors in the world will do it too.

I wonder what kind of bike the Colonel rides?

Aug. 4, 2015, 10:03 p.m.

There are more fun, practical and useful ways to put meat on your thighs than working out in the gym. Sprint intervals and massive miles on a bike through some of the most beautiful outdoors in the world will do it too.

yes, to a point. if your goal is to build bigger legs then the gym will be the best place to do it.

those cycling legs may be defined, but they are not all that big.

Ellen Langer

Aug. 4, 2015, 10:05 p.m.

sigh

this thread is definitely headed off in the wrong direction.

Ellen Langer

Aug. 4, 2015, 10:09 p.m.

how's this Fast Orange? same theme but different approach:

Ellen Langer

Aug. 4, 2015, 10:26 p.m.

yes, to a point. if your goal is to build bigger legs then the gym will be the best place to do it.

those cycling legs may be defined, but they are not all that big.

OK … German men's sprint team at the UCI Track Cycling World Cup if you are into freakishly big.

Aug. 4, 2015, 10:33 p.m.

OK … German men's sprint team at the UCI Track Cycling World Cup if you are into freakishly big.

ya, i was waiting for that pic. i have my doubts about them not being sytheticly enhanced though. plus i think one of them had pretty big legs to start with.

part of the point with the op was that if you want to add some significant size to your legs then the gym is the best way to do it. the rest of the point seems now to be lost.

Ellen Langer

Aug. 5, 2015, 12:34 a.m.

That's cool Mark, I like the positive ones, just pointing out how that one may have been perceived. I like the edited version haha

www.natooke.com

Aug. 5, 2015, 12:41 a.m.

That's cool Mark, I like the positive ones, just pointing out how that one may have been perceived. I like the edited version haha

yeah i know, which is why i wanted to give you some context. personally i find the original a lot funnier, but the edited version is probably a better choice for a wider audience.

or….

colonel sanders says:

i guess you don't do squats - neither do my chickens

Ellen Langer

Aug. 5, 2015, 6:59 a.m.

It's a guaranteed fact that what I think is fun is more funner than what anyone else thinks is fun.

Aug. 5, 2015, 7:52 a.m.

ya, i was waiting for that pic. i have my doubts about them not being sytheticly enhanced though. plus i think one of them had pretty big legs to start with.

I will concede that those guys (they are sprinters, after all) probably do their fair amount of squat, leg press and/or other weight-bearing exercise sessions in the gym to build explosive/fast-twitch power above and beyond what bodyweight/pedalling sessions can produce. So, Syncro win!

Aug. 5, 2015, 8:49 a.m.

So, Syncro win!

well it's not about a syncro win, let's just be accurate with what we're telling people.

Ellen Langer