Motivation

Dec. 8, 2013, 2:28 a.m.

What keeps you going when you've put in a ton of work, but still have more to do?

I'm not looking at this specifically from a fitness point of view, but I think this is the most appropriate forum for this thread. I'm in the two week wrath of final exams, and sometimes I burn out and need to look for exterior motivation. I'll often play this motivational video in the background on repeat until I either re-gain my own motivation, or finish my work. I've probably listened to it enough times that I recite it in my sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMm6tDavSXg

Dec. 8, 2013, 6:57 a.m.

Just think about all the raw sewage you'll have to pump if you don't pull this off.

Dec. 8, 2013, 7:57 a.m.

I put Full Metal Jacket on my ipod and listen to the first hour of Gunny Hartman screaming at the camera.

Also got me through logging drill core for 7.5 weeks straight without a day off.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Dec. 8, 2013, 1:21 p.m.

Just think about all the raw sewage you'll have to pump if you don't pull this off.

That's what applied hydraulics is all about!

I find fear of failure is a pretty good motivator, also joy of success. For my exams this term it's more fear though. Also the thought that it will all be over soon and I can eat lots of turkey ham and stuffing and drink lots of beers.

Dec. 8, 2013, 1:27 p.m.

What keeps you going when you've put in a ton of work, but still have more to do?

Clearly measurable goals. Without that, I admit I don't really want to do it.

Dec. 9, 2013, 12:21 p.m.

The Power of Positive thinking….

Tell yourself a few times before bed that you "Will" wake up tomorrow motivated and you will be.
Mind over Matter

Its Cheesy, but it works….and afterall, your Cheez1ts

Keep up the Good, Hard work bro, it will pay off

Dec. 9, 2013, 10:07 p.m.

Hells yeah 4 exams down 2 to go only 2 days left!

Dec. 9, 2013, 10:17 p.m.

I know I can do this for a short time and once you know you can … it will be easy

Dec. 10, 2013, 4:34 a.m.

I know I can do this for a short time and once you know you can … it will be easy

Pretty sure I spotted yer truck parked outside a Zumba class yesterday morning……

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 10, 2013, 7:45 a.m.

yes you did, been there for a week, got a job shucking white bark pine cones in the nora building

its not a great job but I can do it for a week and there is no fucking snow so …make some$

Dec. 16, 2013, 11:53 a.m.

I've had my fair share of challenges and difficult times in my life, and most of those times I sort of stopped in my tracks, took a deep breath and reminded me of why I struggled for this or that, or what the fight was about for me. Sort of like the "inner warrior" who is just not giving in or up, not yet.

I have a sort of go-to list of films I usually watch when I think the "times are tough", yes, it may be cheesy - but I do not care, it works for me and that is what is on my agenda on such days.

In the end everyone should have developped some strategies (short and long-term)to cope with times when you feel that one more whatever and you cave in.

Btw, Warrior is an excellent movie if you dig combative sports and the first Rocky movie.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 18, 2013, 3:49 p.m.

I grow a beard. Sounds stupid sure, but every time I look in a mirror and see the beard I'm reminded that I haven't completed what I set out to do.

I've done this every New Years for 4 years now and its helped me keep my resolution each year.

The fact that shaving sucks is just a bonus.

Dec. 18, 2013, 6:29 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhjEavg27jc

This guy is real interesting.

Check my stuff for sale!

Dec. 18, 2013, 9:10 p.m.

Today on the skin track I was stopping at around 6000 feet of vert, I have done much better but in retrospect I felt much better today than I would have felt at this time last year, so now I notice what is going on in my thots [HTML_REMOVED] spirit,

its all in believing you can do it and learning to continue believing when your body and mind are trying to convince you other wise