Most effective form of non-surgical gender-reassignment available for men

April 2, 2014, 8:46 p.m.

have another look at your comment, while it may not have been your intent to insult the implication is there. your post definitely wasn't a positive or neutral comment about physique comps. considering this is a fitness section and there was a friendly competition related to finess where one member was training for a physique contenst i don't see it as unreasonable if he posted pictures of his results.

if it was a female poster showing pics of herself in a physique or swim wear contest would you have objected?

Seems like mostly a you problem. There was no homophobic intent or inference in my thread. There is a mild nakedude/spraytan phobia lingering.

…and yes, I have called out girls on this very site for posting suggestive shit and called them attention whores. 'en isn't at that level yet though.

Pastor of Muppets

April 2, 2014, 9:44 p.m.

Do you feel I am attacking you? What word would you use to describe "these situations"?

same old shit the usual strategey is to attack the other poster and thro out some FUD instead of answering the questions, done many times myself on the interwebz I just can't be bothered with the negative energy today

April 2, 2014, 9:57 p.m.

Seems like mostly a you problem. There was no homophobic intent or inference in my thread. There is a mild nakedude/spraytan phobia lingering.

…and yes, I have called out girls on this very site for posting suggestive shit and called them attention whores. 'en isn't at that level yet though.

ok, fair. it might have been me reading in too much in relation to my previous post. posting photos from a physique comp though is not the same things as posting suggestive pics.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 2, 2014, 10:02 p.m.

same old shit the usual strategey is to attack the other poster and thro out some FUD instead of answering the questions, done many times myself on the interwebz I just can't be bothered with the negative energy today

Yes, many (most?) who participate in online forums want to 'win' a discussion. I could not care less. I'm all about trading ideas and learning. I harbour no ill will towards anyone here, and I do my best to shed any grudges as quickly as I spot them.

We all get frustrated, especially online when you are forced to guess the tone of the other person (and more often than not we always assume the negative).

:beer:

April 4, 2014, 1:47 a.m.

Yes, many (most?) who participate in online forums want to 'win' a discussion. I could not care less. I'm all about trading ideas and learning. I harbour no ill will towards anyone here, and I do my best to shed any grudges as quickly as I spot them.

We all get frustrated, especially online when you are forced to guess the tone of the other person (and more often than not we always assume the negative).

:beer:

Maybe you guys should all meet for a jog around Stanley Park? ;)

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

April 6, 2014, 6:54 p.m.

FWIW, after doing a ton of flexibility exercises and yoga, along with some osteopathic treatment for a misaligned pelvis, my deadlift shot up 30 lbs in the two weeks since the last time I lifted.

I chalk it up to better flexibility.

April 8, 2014, 3:39 a.m.

FWIW, after doing a ton of flexibility exercises and yoga, along with some osteopathic treatment for a misaligned pelvis, my deadlift shot up 30 lbs in the two weeks since the last time I lifted.

I chalk it up to better flexibility.

Pfft, Yoga. Are you a girl?

- Kristen Ulmer

April 8, 2014, 6:49 p.m.

Pfft, Yoga. Are you a girl?

I would generally expect a 30 lb increase in my DL to take 6 months of training. If yoga gets me there in a few weeks, I'll continue using it. Do you find that feminine?

April 11, 2014, 12:01 a.m.

I would generally expect a 30 lb increase in my DL to take 6 months of training. If yoga gets me there in a few weeks, I'll continue using it. Do you find that feminine?

Check your rep. I actually really like stretching - I have been doing it for years, and a more felxible body (and mind) is better when one gets really old, as in past 60.

I was trying to be funny, oh well, did not work out.

I found that a squat and deadlift feel more comfortable if my hip is "open" and flexible - a stiff body is simply not as responding or "ready" as a flexible one, do not know why on a scientific basis, but my experience tells me it does work.

Same holds true after a set of a few bw supine bridges - feels better when lifting anything that is heavy or part of a ballistic weight routine.

Usually I do some stretching on the carpet when things slow down at home. Then I really fall into bed all soft and warm.

- Kristen Ulmer

April 11, 2014, 9:39 a.m.

Check your rep. I actually really like stretching - I have been doing it for years, and a more felxible body (and mind) is better when one gets really old, as in past 60.

^^^^
This … loss of flexibility and joint/spinal mobility is a major cause of decline in the quality of life as people age.

April 11, 2014, 9:54 a.m.

^^^^
This … loss of flexibility and joint/spinal mobility is a major cause of decline in the quality of life as people age.

I always see people stretching at the gym, but have only seen one person work on joint mobility. Super important stuff.