Makers Body Crossfit Groupon

March 15, 2014, 12:03 p.m.

There's a groupon today for Maker's Body Crossfit on Crown in North Vancouver. I've been going here and Tyrone is great. Especially if you're not very experienced with free weights. His 12 day foundation program gives you a good grasp of the basics so you don't hurt yourself and you get the most out of the more advanced programs. I had zero experience with weights when I started and I spent the first part of his foundation program looking like a monkey humping a broomstick. I would like to think I've progressed.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/the-maker-s-body-crossfit

March 15, 2014, 3:44 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI

diggin

Sept. 7, 2014, 6:04 a.m.

Thanks for sharing video link. Very helpful.

www.impactfitness.com.au/strongman-equipment

Sept. 7, 2014, 7:15 a.m.

I spent the first part of his foundation program looking like a monkey humping a broomstick.

I thought that was crossfit?

Sept. 7, 2014, 9:53 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI

Dom is 100% right on this

Oct. 22, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

I thought that was crossfit?

So Crossfit takes flack for ramping up people too fast and then again when they start people with broomsticks to make sure they have good patterns and mechanics before loading them up.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Oct. 25, 2014, 11:27 a.m.

So Crossfit takes flack for ramping up people too fast and then again when they start people with broomsticks to make sure they have good patterns and mechanics before loading them up.

strength and form take time to develop , just because some has perfect form with a broom stick , does not mean that person will have the same form under load .

i recently watched a clip with kids 8 to 15 doing routines , everyone of them was a injury in the making , the instructor had his tongue hanging trying to perform them as well . the main emphasis was as many reps as fast as you can .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 28, 2014, 4:17 p.m.

strength and form take time to develop , just because some has perfect form with a broom stick , does not mean that person will have the same form under load .

Well clearly. But it makes sense to get a handle on form, flexibility and mechanics beforehand. Then with that basic foundation you can start ramping them up.

i recently watched a clip with kids 8 to 15 doing routines , everyone of them was a injury in the making , the instructor had his tongue hanging trying to perform them as well . the main emphasis was as many reps as fast as you can .

To be fair this could happen at any gym. There are good facilities with good instruction and there are bad.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.