just 4 or 5 pounds

Sept. 27, 2016, 7:42 p.m.

Not Vegan, my just that most breakfast cold or hot is usually packed with carbs and meat.
I have catered meals at work (film). Skipping the toast, cereal, potato, was tough but this stuff really makes me feel like I had a meal. Also I feel like I have more energy and not hungry till lunch. Been a nice change

How long do you go between meals ?

I eat around 5:40am and don,t get my 1st break til 9:45 and I drink 1/2 l of water to help get me thru till break , most of the time I am hungry by 8ish .

My breakfast is typically a bowl of multigrain cheerios , or 3 wheetabix cereal biscuits drowned in 1% milk . It,s pretty much cold pourage by the time I eat it but it gets me thru the 1st few hours of the day .

So far my diet changes have helped me maintain my weight of 178/180lbs average for the last 6mths , I am happy as the last couple months my riding has been very limited compared to when I 1st changed my diet .Over the winter I expect to gain some weight back , as I also plan on training core and strength training more , no shame in muscle weight LOL

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 27, 2016, 8:26 p.m.

Usually show up at work between 730 and 8 am.
Have a shake right when I get there. Carries me thru till about noon. Had another tonight before leaving work and did a 65 min trail run in lynn headwaters. Was a pretty good energy kick, had a good lap.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 27, 2016, 9:22 p.m.

How long do you go between meals ?

I eat around 5:40am and don,t get my 1st break til 9:45 and I drink 1/2 l of water to help get me thru till break , most of the time I am hungry by 8ish .

My breakfast is typically a bowl of multigrain cheerios , or 3 wheetabix cereal biscuits drowned in 1% milk . It,s pretty much cold pourage by the time I eat it but it gets me thru the 1st few hours of the day .

So far my diet changes have helped me maintain my weight of 178/180lbs average for the last 6mths , I am happy as the last couple months my riding has been very limited compared to when I 1st changed my diet .Over the winter I expect to gain some weight back , as I also plan on training core and strength training more , no shame in muscle weight LOL

add a scoop of protein to that - chocolate provides a tasty alternative - and you should find it a bit easier to make it to your first break. and switch the milk up to 2% or full fat (homoginized) for the same reason. by adding the protein you'll find you won't taste the fat as much in the milk. another option is to use kefir instead of milk and that provides other benefits as well.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 28, 2016, 5:50 a.m.

add a scoop of protein to that - chocolate provides a tasty alternative - and you should find it a bit easier to make it to your first break. and switch the milk up to 2% or full fat (homoginized) for the same reason. by adding the protein you'll find you won't taste the fat as much in the milk. another option is to use kefir instead of milk and that provides other benefits as well.

can,t drink higher percentage milk unfortunately I prefer 2% but stomach can,t take it daily

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 28, 2016, 1:31 p.m.

Eat as wide variety of fresh, unprocessed foods as you can and drink water (not bottled) and you'll meet most of the guidelines for healthy eating. Its basically a filter for sugar and salt and not rocket science. You'll probably also notice how much less you spend on food and snacks too.

Nov. 21, 2016, 8:26 p.m.

Interesting thing has happened. Just found out my blood type is AB negative a few weeks back. Which is .6 percent of the population. The most rare. Had no Idea.
Read the section related to me in the book "eat right for your blood type."
No red meat, pork, chicken etc. Eating only fish for meat, everything else stays the same pretty much.
Have lost a bunch of weight and fast. Crazy after all these years thinking eating red meat would keep me trimmer but in fact its the opposite. Who knew

Nov. 23, 2016, 7:03 a.m.

I cut way back on beer and bacon three weeks ago. I already don't eat bread hardly ever and not much pasta as I don't really like it.
Turns out beer and bacon is what the problem was as I've been losing about 2 pounds a week since then.
Now what to do with all my growlers?
Just keeping eating salad and I think I'll get where I need to go

Nov. 23, 2016, 7:38 a.m.

I'm the same as OP's buddy in that I'm almost 40, have an office job, and have picked up an extra 5lbs. I'm cutting back to knock it off but rather than vanity it's that I don't want to have to buy any new pants.

I hate shopping for pants and would rather forego beer and bread for a month than go to a mall and try on pants.

Nov. 23, 2016, 9:57 a.m.

Hit my goal, all my shorts fit , hanging around 175 to 180 lbs feeling good

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Nov. 23, 2016, 11:14 a.m.

Hit my goal, all my shorts fit , hanging around 175 to 180 lbs feeling good

Nice one. Sure feels good.
Hopefully will survive the xmas party circuit unscathed this year.

Nov. 23, 2016, 1:11 p.m.

Nice one. Sure feels good.
Hopefully will survive the xmas party circuit unscathed this year.

Luck to get out twice a week in this weather. Just have to remember to eat portions that are relevant to my exercise levels. Easy to say hard to do when the weather has you watching Youtube videos.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Nov. 24, 2016, 9:49 a.m.

Luck to get out twice a week in this weather. Just have to remember to eat portions that are relevant to my exercise levels. Easy to say hard to do when the weather has you watching Youtube videos.

It's tough. Set a night up running with a couple friends tuesday nights rain or no rain. Not showing up results in massive shaming.

Try to get a spin in during week (boring) or a night ride weather permitting.
At least one ride, trail run, or touring ski in on weekends.
It's nothing like in summer, but as you say not bad if you lower the calorie intake.

Nov. 24, 2016, 1:26 p.m.

It's tough. Set a night up running with a couple friends tuesday nights rain or no rain. Not showing up results in massive shaming.

Try to get a spin in during week (boring) or a night ride weather permitting.
At least one ride, trail run, or touring ski in on weekends.
It's nothing like in summer, but as you say not bad if you lower the calorie intake.

Going to start trail running the SSBP with the dog, nothing special.

Good advice.

A. Einstein

July 20, 2017, 10:17 p.m.

Sorry to hear that man. 

I went through something where I lost a real 20 in a couple of weeks and it wasn't for the best. 

I have no advice that's worth more than the pixels they're printed on.

July 21, 2017, 7:35 p.m.

I don't have any need to lose weight, but I am trying to cut back on my sugar intake. Started using the myfitnesspal app to track all my eating just to see where I am at. It's been useful but I feel like the recommended nutrient levels are way off. Maybe representative of the gulf between the Canadian and American food guide. Speaking of, anyone see the [draft] updates to the Canadian one?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/a-taste-of-whats-to-come-inside-the-big-revamp-of-canadas-food-guide/article35728046/