just 4 or 5 pounds

May 17, 2016, 4:52 p.m.

But on a more serious note, Im also trying to loose a few pounds. My new "back to school" situation is wickedly time consuming and its to far/impractical to commute on my bike.

Any tips for a good food site with nice healthy recepies? So much BS out there… If the TS is anything like me, foodie kind of, then tasty lean recepies could be good motivation.

May 17, 2016, 10:31 p.m.

how do you measure you are down 3 pounds? (or anybody for that matter). my weight is so variable, especially from monday to friday =[HTML_REMOVED] decreasing, then way up back when monday morning hits again…again i blame my bad intake over the weekend. i haven't really figured out what i really weigh, other than averaging maybe (or just pick friday morning)

i'm asking myself about the same question today. back on the scale at the gym and i seem to be up a couple. i think a 3 pound fluctuation within a couple weeks or less even must be fairly normal as a 200 pound male. how much food in the last couple days, how much hard exercise etc. i'm heading home for an extended long weekend which will be a festival of riding and over indulgence in everything. not a great way to watch diet/weight…

May 17, 2016, 10:56 p.m.

I once lost about nine pounds over night. I'm about 225 right now. On average, I see fluctuations of about five pounds throughout the day.

I can't emphasize just eating a little bit less and replacing a few meals a week with a salad. Slow and steady wins the race…

May 18, 2016, 10:31 a.m.

I stand on the scale before I get in the shower in the morning. Not every day but throughout the week, it's enough data points to get an idea of the general trend.

June 9, 2016, 3:01 p.m.

not my thread I know, but since posted, I've managed to drop a good 6 pounds due to just stuff I should always be doing: bike more, eat better, drink less. a little like throwing a lawn chair off the titanic but my wife at least noticed.

my temp gig downtown has me on my bike 2 hours a day so it's hard not to gorge the second i get home, but overall being back to smoothies, oatmeal, etc and riding more are actually doing something. lacing my food with chia seems to help me through the day. it's still beer and pizza on the weekend though

June 9, 2016, 4:15 p.m.

Weighed in at 159/24BMI a month ago, then we went to Bali for a month, drank LOTS of Bintang which is the very drinkable local pilsner, LOTS of great food which was very cheap, LOTS of cheap 2 for 1 happy hr cocktales while watchin the tropical sun go down real fast on the beach … I came back weighing 159

I would suggest having the right genes, get some of them skinny genes and I can highly recommend the hAZN brand

June 10, 2016, 10:18 a.m.

Wife and I got food poisoning last week, we've both dropped 5 pounds over the last week. First 24 hours were the real diet (throwing up everything that went in, including water) and then not being to eat a full meal for the next 3 days contributed significantly to the svelte beach ready look (yum more toast and apple sauce).

I don't recommend it, but it gets results, fast!

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

June 10, 2016, 10:44 a.m.

Wife and I got food poisoning last week, we've both dropped 5 pounds over the last week. First 24 hours were the real diet (throwing up everything that went in, including water) and then not being to eat a full meal for the next 3 days contributed significantly to the svelte beach ready look (yum more toast and apple sauce).

I don't recommend it, but it gets results, fast!

That,s how I started my weight lose program , was sick for a week and lost 12lbs from not eating for 5days . From then on I started watching my food intake and have lost close to 17lbs now .

#northsidetrailbuilders

June 10, 2016, 11:08 a.m.

So bulimia does work? God I hate mainstream media. Always slagging on proven methods like throwing up and starvation as proven weight loss methods.. :grinno:

June 11, 2016, 1:57 p.m.

Stalled at 180-185, down form 210 I will be done loosing when all the riding shorts I own fit me.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

June 23, 2016, 2:16 p.m.

Stalled at 180-185, down form 210 I will be done loosing when all the riding shorts I own fit me.

Time to lose some bone density! Eat only celery and watch TV all day for a couple of weeks.

June 23, 2016, 6:34 p.m.

But on a more serious note, Im also trying to loose a few pounds. My new "back to school" situation is wickedly time consuming and its to far/impractical to commute on my bike.

Any tips for a good food site with nice healthy recepies? So much BS out there… If the TS is anything like me, foodie kind of, then tasty lean recepies could be good motivation.

Any paleo site will have good tasty recipes that will lead to weight loss. Lack of carbs, not lack of fat, is what you want.

Sept. 27, 2016, 8:41 a.m.

Been drinking this stuff for the last couple months for breakfast, straight up with water.
Tastes Ok. Dropped a bunch of weight not eating a carb heavy breakfast. Makes you feel full too.
Tried doing fruit only for breakfast a while back but I always felt hungry after.

https://myvega.ca/vega-one-nutritional-shake

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 27, 2016, 11:26 a.m.

Been drinking this stuff for the last couple months for breakfast, straight up with water.
Tastes Ok. Dropped a bunch of weight not eating a carb heavy breakfast. Makes you feel full too.
Tried doing fruit only for breakfast a while back but I always felt hungry after.

https://myvega.ca/vega-one-nutritional-shake

Nice 160 calories for breakfast… Not much in that stuff. I am guessing you are vegan?

If you are stalled out and not at the leanness you are looking for then you might be not eating enough food.

Dropping carbs leads to lots of water loss as your muscles won't retain as much water. Low card will lead to weight loss from a loss of some fat and, if you don't jack your protein up, muscle mass too.

The weigh scale is garbage as a means to evaluate body composition.

Sept. 27, 2016, 12:03 p.m.

Nice 160 calories for breakfast… Not much in that stuff. I am guessing you are vegan?

If you are stalled out and not at the leanness you are looking for then you might be not eating enough food.

Dropping carbs leads to lots of water loss as your muscles won't retain as much water. Low card will lead to weight loss from a loss of some fat and, if you don't jack your protein up, muscle mass too.

The weigh scale is garbage as a means to evaluate body composition.

Not Vegan, my just that most breakfast cold or hot is usually packed with carbs and meat.
I have catered meals at work (film). Skipping the toast, cereal, potato, was tough but this stuff really makes me feel like I had a meal. Also I feel like I have more energy and not hungry till lunch. Been a nice change

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch