juicing

March 31, 2015, 2:32 p.m.

we got an Omega 8000 from Target on its way out at a great price. 15 yr warranty. love juicing doing it daily. i'm pleased that it's quite easy to make a tasty juice. carrot base for just about all, maybe a couple of apples (of a type i'd rather not eat) then everything else, including plenty of kale and beets. i too find beets rather taste like dirt, but in a way i kinda like. topped off with a bit of ginger and hand squeezed in lemon (keep the rind out, wife says too bitter) and its awesome. feeling a bit more mental alertness, or it's purely placebo.

April 4, 2015, 1:26 p.m.

Am I making beets less healthy by cooking them in tinfoil in the oven for 45min before I eat them? It makes them sweet and very easy to peel the skin off of. Definitely don't taste like dirt after. I don't have a juicer, I just eat them in salads or straight out of the oven.

April 5, 2015, 7:40 a.m.

Juicing is hard and kale is gross.

If you think kale is gross..give beetroot leaves a shot. So gross we sent that smoothie down the drain.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

April 5, 2015, 9:46 a.m.

This mornings smoothie . . . Yogurt , pineapple , cherries , ginger , lime , pear , Apple , dates , water . . . Oh that was good .

I usually have more veg in there , but there just wasn't any room after all that good stuff went in .

April 6, 2015, 11 p.m.

If you think kale is gross..give beetroot leaves a shot. So gross we sent that smoothie down the drain.

I will agree that part of the beet tastes like dirt. I kinda like it in a fruity smoothie though.

April 7, 2015, 12:19 a.m.

I will agree that part of the beet tastes like dirt. I kinda like it in a fruity smoothie though.

We really dig the root itself, had some plants in our veggie garden last season and will likely grow some this year. So awesome. Chopped raw, along with some apples and almonds, fried, cooked - such a great taste.

Am enjoying a smoothie for breakfast right now - corn salad, apples, a banana - so good.

Anyone of you ever tried to mix it up with spices? Just had the idea that adding a bit of curry or something along this line might add a bit of spice.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

April 8, 2015, 6:31 a.m.

i do a big fruit shake every morning. hemp powder,4 bananas , aj, and lots of blueberries or other fruits..

canadian wild blueberries are the key

i never get the flu shot bullshit..going good this winter (touches wood).. :)

You know what else is key? Herd immunity. Get your goddamned shots, they're free and easy.

April 8, 2015, 6:50 a.m.

You know what else is key? Herd immunity. Get your goddamned shots, they're free and easy.

Get your goddamned shots, they're free and easy. This

Herd immunity. Not so much of this, as virus's don't give a F…

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

April 8, 2015, 8:07 a.m.

i've started adding a couple mini-cucumbers to my smoothie. along with the celery, carrots and spinach (then fruit, flax, chia, almonds), the cucumber adds a nice flavour.

April 15, 2015, 8:41 a.m.

Anyone put Arugula in their smoothies? It has a pretty strong flavor that's hard to hide.