It's in your guts

Dec. 9, 2015, 7:32 a.m.

Saw this Nature of Things program called Microbes: The Hidden Reasons Behind The Obesity Epidemic.

The show focuses on these microbes in the lower intestine that could be linked to our health and obesity. It definitely touches on processed food and why it is unhealthy and briefly on some foods that are believed to be healthy based on helping ensure the microbe environment in our guts stays healthy as well.

I listened to it and found it, like most things based on some common sense, but it went further to try to link why some of things that are good for us are good, and conversely why the bad is bad.

Dec. 9, 2015, 7:36 a.m.

My new thing: Apple Cider Vinegar
Morning and night. Corrects PH balance amongst other things, feel great.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Dec. 9, 2015, 10:29 a.m.

Saw this Nature of Things program called Microbes: The Hidden Reasons Behind The Obesity Epidemic.

The show focuses on these microbes in the lower intestine that could be linked to our health and obesity. It definitely touches on processed food and why it is unhealthy and briefly on some foods that are believed to be healthy based on helping ensure the microbe environment in our guts stays healthy as well.

I listened to it and found it, like most things based on some common sense, but it went further to try to link why some of things that are good for us are good, and conversely why the bad is bad.

I read an article a while ago showing that having good flora in your gut improves the production of serotonin in your brain (the happy stuff in your brain that makes you feel good..also what your brain releases in huge quantities if you eat Ecstasy). So they figure by increasing the amount of "good" microbial activity down there many people who suffer from depression and other mental health problems could be cured easily.
Makes sense that good flora in your digestive tract = better abilty to absorb nutrients = better nutrition and bio-availability of foods = better ability for your body to produce what it needs naturally instead of relying on prescription medications for the doc.

Dec. 9, 2015, 5:06 p.m.

no doubt eh, this shit if fucking wild. i knew nothing of the importance of your 'gut biome' but then i saw that special on the CBC. i've taken it to heart and i'm trying to expand my diet and include more variety and more fruits and veggies, specifically for the biome benefits. stunningly complicated stuff though eh. diet and nutrition are insanely complex it boggles the mind. i've also learned from recent reading (Sapiens; a brief history of human kind) that all humans are still essentially hunter gatherers. all of us, not just First Nations, (a perspective espoused by some), all of us. we are all wildlife. our bodies have not really adapted yet to being primarily agrarians and eating primarily grain based diets. agriculture has done much for human kind but it's not as simple as saying we are 'better or worse off'. the agricultural revolution changed humankind forever, but it's debatable as to whether or not we are the better for it. more populous is the only thing known for certain.

Dec. 9, 2015, 6:58 p.m.

My new thing: Apple Cider Vinegar
Morning and night. Corrects PH balance amongst other things, feel great.

pH balance of what, exactly?

Dec. 9, 2015, 6:59 p.m.

I had major gut problems for about 10 years. I won't gross you out with the details, but felt and smelt bad. I have tried all kinds of diets, eliminating all kinds of things, such as vegan, gluten free, paleo, sugar free etc etc. In the end I found the solution was to eat raw sauerkraut, kim chi, kumbucha and other types of fermented foods with live culture on a regular basis. Now I eat pretty clean most of the time, but can get away with eating pretty much whatever I want some of the time and I am good to go and never suffer the same problems I did before.

Dec. 9, 2015, 7:09 p.m.

The one in his imagination.

Dec. 9, 2015, 8:52 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF_sNAGGI7A

kombucha wha?

Dec. 10, 2015, 10:26 p.m.

Another interesting thing about Vinegar is it's natural blood thinner effect. So if you are prescribed blood thinner medication you have to avoid it. I had to look up blood thinner side effects as my wife was on them earlier this year for a few weeks.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 13, 2015, 2:47 p.m.

Just watched that. Some things to think about, but kinda raises more questions than answers. Definitely ties into some common sense stuff.
And my money, all day long, is on the obese folks still sneaking in crappy food. Period. You can't just add good food to your crappy food.(not implying it's simple or easy…of course it isn't)
The kid that went McCrappies for 2wks…was back to fighting in the BioDome in 2wks.

This is just a prequel to releasing the latest fad in a pill instead of doing it right.(the hard way). There was zero follow up info on the guy that injected Indigenous African shit into himself. Coming soon to a local Health Food store near you…special microbes harvested from real Africans and processed in our proprietary system making ours the best…you buy now!

Dec. 13, 2015, 7:05 p.m.

Kombucha, Kefir, etc. Tasty and easy to add to your daily intake.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 13, 2015, 7:18 p.m.

^And what do they do exactly?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 13, 2015, 7:22 p.m.

^And what do they do exactly?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ashley-koff/kombucha-and-kefirs-hype_b_519195.html

TL;DR Different types of fermented stuff (in this case tea or dairy) help restore organic acids, enzymes, beneficial microflora and B vitamins.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 13, 2015, 7:54 p.m.

Now google antibiotics in relation to the topic. Our latest findings indicate they lay waste to said biome.

Dec. 13, 2015, 8:29 p.m.

I had major gut problems for about 10 years. I won't gross you out with the details, but felt and smelt bad. I have tried all kinds of diets, eliminating all kinds of things, such as vegan, gluten free, paleo, sugar free etc etc. In the end I found the solution was to eat raw sauerkraut, kim chi, kumbucha and other types of fermented foods with live culture on a regular basis. Now I eat pretty clean most of the time, but can get away with eating pretty much whatever I want some of the time and I am good to go and never suffer the same problems I did before.

That sounds very similar to what I've been dealing with for the past 8 years or so. I also eat pretty clean and am thin, but I feel like my digestive system doesn't function properly and is irritated most of the time. Worst symptoms are bloating/stomach cramps after eating, gas with a strong distinctive odour, feeling fatigued, and the past couple years some soreness/joint pain. Any additional advice/info would be appreciated!!