I need a buzz......

June 4, 2015, 8:31 p.m.

….something to make me feel like superman while working out.

What do you use?

No steroids please.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 4, 2015, 8:41 p.m.

Debbie Downer here.

The phrase you're looking for is, "training on the nerve". If you do this all the time, it will catch up to you. I was a walking zombie for weeks on end because of it (and because I was always trying to PR everything).

If you're bored of what you're doing, try and find something else with measurable goals to keep you going… and specifically plan downtime in there.

June 4, 2015, 8:46 p.m.

music

www.natooke.com

June 4, 2015, 11:06 p.m.

Debbie Downer here.

The phrase you're looking for is, "training on the nerve". If you do this all the time, it will catch up to you. I was a walking zombie for weeks on end because of it (and because I was always trying to PR everything).

:speakenglish:

If you're bored of what you're doing, try and find something else with measurable goals to keep you going… and specifically plan downtime in there.

Too old, man. Ain't got no "down time" left to use. :trinity:

C'mon, what'zd that pep juice everones guzzlin'?

Fast Orange

music

Good, very good. I can't drink music.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 5, 2015, 5:39 a.m.

Good, very good. I can't drink music.

You asked what made me feel like superman while working out. The answer is music.

Or… superman music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joQWMecJmDk

I'm not alone.

www.natooke.com

June 5, 2015, 6:45 a.m.

tungsten, what you're looking for is what's commonly referred to as a pre-workout, which in
rreality is a stimulant. the good news is they work, the bad news is that comes at a price. one of those costs, as pointed out, can be significant neural fatigue. another is dependency, ie you "need" it to have a good workout. yet another is that the results are temporary. for example, think of people that can't get through their day without a number of cups of coffee; they're relying on the stimulant caffeine to get then through their day.

so should you use them? well that's up to you and what your reasons for training. so while not a steroid, all of these types of products have a similar type of effect in that they allow you to train past the point of which your body is naturally capable. for someone who already takes in a high level of caffeine i would caution against using pre-workouts.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 7, 2015, 1:01 p.m.

FO - :o :lol: apparent sarcasm was unintentional. You're right about music and I did buy a device haven't yet figured out how to use it.

syncro speaks English! :clap: