Healthy eating

Oct. 2, 2019, 6:02 a.m.

Posted by: bikingmike

I'm always skeptical of terms like "healthy" or "clean". It seems that besides sugar being bad, we can't really agree on anything in nutrition. It's because it's almost impossible to do science* in nutrition. There are just too many variables, and we are finding more variables as we go on and learn that both our foods and our bodies are made of smaller and smaller component parts.

I just try not to go overboard on the booze or the calories. I think it's easier to avoid the obvious bad stuff than it is to optimize.

*The kind of science where you hold ALL variables except for one constant and measure changes.

I have to agree, "mindful" or "reasonable" would be better labels no one really needs in the end.

Protein, carbs and fats and all the minerals and vitamins usually coverwd by a varied diet consisting of as much fresh ingredients as possible.

No point in becoming fundamentalists. That is why quite a few vegans are annoying.

Last edited by: Mic on Oct. 2, 2019, 6:03 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 2, 2019, 9:52 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

Posted by: Hepcat

I've been vegetarian/pescatarian for most of my life. It's pretty fricken easy honestly.

As long as your knowledge of dietary needs is broader than a meat industry marketing slogan it's pretty hard to screw up.

Have to agree. September has been a breeze. 

On to October.

👊 Well done my brother!

How's it going?

Oct. 6, 2019, 8:20 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

I've been vegetarian/pescatarian for most of my life. It's pretty fricken easy honestly.

As long as your knowledge of dietary needs is broader than a meat industry marketing slogan it's pretty hard to screw up.

Have to agree. September has been a breeze. 

On to October.

👊 Well done my brother!

How's it going?

Thank you. 

I really do have no difficulties or cravings of meat etc. Veggie patties are awesome as are tofu and saitan. 

What might be difficult in the long run is cheese and cream for coffee.

Nov. 7, 2019, 3:16 p.m.

"The Game Changers" on Netflix is an interesting watch so far, about veganism and athletics.

"How can you be as strong as an ox without eating meat?"

"Have you ever seen an ox eat meat?" Well played lol.