Cracked ribs?? help!

July 24, 2014, 11:20 a.m.

Sending healing vibes. Pain will haunt you for about six months. Worst case situation: Sneezing! And gut busting laughter. Try to avoid both.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

July 24, 2014, 1:23 p.m.

arnica to speed up the healing, or dmso for an immediate fix. :)

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!

July 24, 2014, 1:39 p.m.

Thanks for all the insight. Lmao ouch
Am using arnica, voltaren and t3 / Advil combo for pain when I can't deal with it .
I guess it's going to be awhile until this feels better..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

July 24, 2014, 2:11 p.m.

I just got back from a physio session on some ribs. They were sore but not excruiating so i figured they were popped out. She poked and made me breath for a minute or two, then prodded excruciatingly for 5. Then rolled me over and popped em all back in. Hurt like fuck for a few minutes, but now things that were causing me to wince yesterday are no problems. And things i couldnt do at all don't feel that bad. Worth getting looked at if you don't want to get them xray-ed

Aug. 3, 2014, 11:18 a.m.

Still sore but am working now. Still have not ridden my bike which i had just finished not too long ago. Miss riding but still hurts all the time especially laying down or coughing. Just getting over nasty sinus infection, boy was that fun coughing and sneezing all that goop out.
Bike is getting dusty and lonely.

Aug. 8, 2014, 12:09 p.m.

I feel for you. Spent a week sleeping sitting up-right and every sneeze was an adventure in pain. Cracked a rib 15 years ago and then re-injured it on BBY MTN asleep at the switch on Nicoles in the spring. So much for a nice Sunday afternoon ride. Not much you can so but rest and let it heal itself. One recommendation I can make is that I bought one of those Troy Lee D flack jackets. Pricey, but it does offer some good protection for your tender ribs. Safe Riding.

Aug. 9, 2014, 12:38 a.m.

If you can find a physio or chiropractor who works with RockTape (or other kinesio tapes) it can help in the pain by keeping everything tight especially when breathing / coughing…

Have used it many times at BC Bike Race.

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Aug. 9, 2014, 4:52 p.m.

If you can find a physio or chiropractor who works with RockTape (or other kinesio tapes) it can help in the pain by keeping everything tight especially when breathing / coughing…

Have used it many times at BC Bike Race.

Where can this be bought in bulk?

WTF, Over?

Aug. 9, 2014, 5:05 p.m.

New chapter in my saga , I now have a touch pneumonia on the side that I injured after I just got over a sinus infection. This is getting to be ridiculous. My bike has dust on it now. So not cool.

Aug. 9, 2014, 6:26 p.m.

Way to take it up a notch!

Aug. 10, 2014, 4:41 p.m.

But wait there's more…Today was the last day of the movie i was working on(a bollywood film) one of the non english speaking crew members gave me a big thank you (bear) hug after lunch as I struggled to get free they just hugged harder not knowing about my ribs.
They are throbbing right now.
jeesh

Aug. 10, 2014, 10:17 p.m.

Where can this be bought in bulk?

Rocktapecanada.com has it for sale

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Aug. 25, 2014, 1:07 p.m.

update
My ribs only hurt now when laying on my side now so I have ridden few times.
I did Jacks trail in squamish and my regular loop by my house(richard juryn,circuit 8 and a few connector trails I don't names of.
Ribs did not hurt but feels like I am riding someone else's bike…
Definitely felt "off" and a little nervous. Need to get relaxed and re learn how to "flow" it?
Also learning to ride on flats after be forced to ditch clip less pedals since I had also badly hyperextended both knees 4 months ago. Knees are still bugging me not sure what to do about them.

Aug. 25, 2014, 2:10 p.m.

riding a little uncomfortably a month later, sounds like you are right on track

sucks about the knees. don't want to :censored: with those guys. if you are unsure about how to heal or treat them, best to see a doctor and/or physio

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave