Consuming soya based protein products makes you grow titties?

Sept. 26, 2014, 8:06 p.m.

lol
powders and supplements

drink water and eat real food you bunch of dough heads.

As for soy,edemame is on of my favorite snacks….no bewbage here.

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 26, 2014, 8:46 p.m.

Ummm … milk is the first ingredient listed on the product you showed,

See, always read the label. I just assumed "soy protein" meant some kinda' "soya 'liquid'" was the delivery vehicle. Not milk.

If you are doing strength training, you would want more protein to repair muscle.

Hence op.

protein after working out was a really good idea. It made little to no difference for me. http://www.precisionnutrition.com/nutrient-timing

Link seems to deduce the same for most people.

psa - hexane

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 26, 2014, 10:16 p.m.

really!?!? People are still buying the "chocolate milk is a good post workout recovery drink" look at the sugar content alone to shoot that one down.

I challenge you to say that to anyone's face right after they have done a hard 3 hour ride.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 27, 2014, 12:41 p.m.

psa - hexane

If its good enough to de-grease engine parts, its good enough to put in food!

The lesson - the more processed the food, the more likely is contains crap that has no business being in your body.

Sept. 28, 2014, 11:30 a.m.

Soy contains phytoestrogens (literally "plant estrogens") that bear some structural similarity to that class of female sex hormones. However there seems to be scant evidence that they have a hormonal effect on humans. Studies so far show no hormonal effect on men either

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens#Effects_on_Humans

Like what? You started watching "Sex and the City"?

Interesting for sure, I have different info from websites and books from overe here.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 9, 2014, 11:58 a.m.

I challenge you to say that to anyone's face right after they have done a hard 3 hour ride.

No kidding ..Protein after a workout is pointless if you don't have some carbs with it. The carbs give you energy to break down the protein and normalize blood sugar.
Chocolate milk is readily available at any corner store, blenders and protein powder are not.

Oct. 9, 2014, 12:55 p.m.

Both been there and done that :lol: Most people actually drink chocolate milk because they are misinformed or uninformed. Give a person the right knowledge and a little advice and if they are smart they will mark smart decisions about their nutrition.

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Oct. 9, 2014, 1:04 p.m.

No kidding ..Protein after a workout is pointless if you don't have some carbs with it. The carbs give you energy to break down the protein and normalize blood sugar.
Chocolate milk is readily available at any corner store, blenders and protein powder are not.

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.

If you took two moments to look into the recovery drink I used as a suggestion you would see its a pretty good balance of protein 17g and carbs 35g

As far as I am concerned anyone who is somewhat serious about working out and eating well, they will take the extra time to make sure they get good quality nutrition into their body post work out.

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Oct. 9, 2014, 6:42 p.m.

Almond chocolate milk

Nov. 18, 2014, 10:39 p.m.

Eureka!

Blenz Granville [HTML_REMOVED] Brdwy peanut butter Belgian chocolate banana protein shake WOW!!!:damn:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 18, 2014, 10:43 p.m.

The only heavy hitters on a fully asian lady I ever got whiplash from were fake. You're safe

Nov. 18, 2014, 10:58 p.m.

Huh?
I. Don't. Drink. Milk.
I'm not trying to ward off cancer or supplement vitamins.
Chocolate flavouring is incidental.
I'm simply looking for a quick and easy liquid protein hit.
But, thanks.

the ideal thing would be 2% milk, but as you don't drink milk then you shouldn't drink a lot of those protein drinks as they contain milk or whey protein which equals milk. you could follow aussie's suggestion but use a hemp or veggie based protein instead.

Get a good quality post workout protein powder, a "blender bottle" and just add cold water or whatever else you want to mix it with… and you are good to go.

the other thing to really be asking yourself is if you actually need a "quick and easy liquid protein hit". i think you'd be happy with some salty nuts. or maybe some home made trail mix.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 20, 2014, 2:11 p.m.

I'm not lactose intolerant just generally intolerant if you get my meaning.
I can deal with a little cow juice couple times a week but good point I'll make sure they use skim.
Trail mix? No way. ugh!
I got them to double the banana and double the protein but they only charged me for the xtra protein now it's double moar better tasty thick chewy sorta'.

Jan. 10, 2015, 10:24 p.m.

So where is a reliable (not outrageously priced) source/brand for protein powder? Costco?

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Jan. 11, 2015, 7:37 a.m.

…use a hemp or veggie based protein instead.

i get this at london drugs. it seems pretty good in my fruitshakes..

http://www.yeswellness.com/manitoba-harvest-hemp-pro-70-2-lbs-908-g.html?gdftrk=gdfV27267_a_7c862_a_7c2264_a_7cMAH_d_1002_d_0002[HTML_REMOVED]gclid=CP7i2L6ijMMCFZCVfgodSl0Azg