broken toes

Aug. 15, 2016, 8:07 p.m.

non mtb, half foot black and blue after not seeing stump, and squishing foot on moto 2 years ago. Pain in middle toe ever since. Would have been more than one toe without the mx boots.

Chainsmoker 8)

Aug. 3, 2020, 10:01 a.m.

Just looking for a bit of advice. On Tuesday I displaced and broke my little toe (sticking out in a very strange position). I put it back in myself so I could drive to Hospital for them to confirm via Xray it is broken as well.

I’ve been told to keep it strapped for 10 days and no strenuous activity for 6-8 weeks.

My question is surely it can’t be 6 weeks until I can ride again? Has anyone been in a similar situation? What could the consequences of returning to fast be?

I feel like the advice was a bit generic and surely all sport doesn’t have the same stress on your little toe?

Thanks

Aug. 3, 2020, 12:38 p.m.

Posted by: wikijohn

Just looking for a bit of advice. On Tuesday I displaced and broke my little toe (sticking out in a very strange position). I put it back in myself so I could drive to Hospital for them to confirm via Xray it is broken as well.

I’ve been told to keep it strapped for 10 days and no strenuous activity for 6-8 weeks.

My question is surely it can’t be 6 weeks until I can ride again? Has anyone been in a similar situation? What could the consequences of returning to fast be?

I feel like the advice was a bit generic and surely all sport doesn’t have the same stress on your little toe?

Thanks

I broke my little toe 5 or 6 years ago. I found through trial and error that I was able to ride with it within a week, I just kept it taped to the next toe and put my shoe really tight. It only hurt sometimes when I had to put my foot down unexpectedly so I avoided the more difficult trails and rode a bit more conservatively. Basically, anything that didn't hurt seemed OK, anything that hurt, I avoided. This strategy worked for me, the toe healed up fine eventually.