aerobic/cardio related discussion thread

Dec. 30, 2013, 6:34 a.m.

In the summer, I worked on snatching my kb a lot, 15 secs of owkring, 15 sec of rest, up to thirty working sets per side. I saw it as a good way to prepare my body for a week in the Alps. Goal was to not push what I would have usually pushed my bike up: Looong climbs on road and fire road. It worked, I was enjoying the climbs for the first time in my life.

Sooo……

Always dumb enough for trying something that reads like it could be fun I have started with the 10,000 kettlebell swing as proposed by Dan John. I am two workouts into a series of 20, hate it already, am sore but can literally feel how my "engine" is working hours after the workout.

I manage to do 4 clusters of swings, goal is to eventually hit the 500 swings mark every other day.

Grip is sore, lower back is sore, hams are sore…..

What got me into trying this is the statement that strength improves, along the ability to do more for longer. I want to use it as a basis for strength-biased program and then kick-ass on the bike.

Do I have a question….not really, just wanted to share it with you guys.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 30, 2013, 6:18 p.m.

In the summer, I worked on snatching my kb a lot, 15 secs of owkring, 15 sec of rest, up to thirty working sets per side. I saw it as a good way to prepare my body for a week in the Alps. Goal was to not push what I would have usually pushed my bike up: Looong climbs on road and fire road. It worked, I was enjoying the climbs for the first time in my life.

Sooo……

Always dumb enough for trying something that reads like it could be fun I have started with the 10,000 kettlebell swing as proposed by Dan John. I am two workouts into a series of 20, hate it already, am sore but can literally feel how my "engine" is working hours after the workout.

I manage to do 4 clusters of swings, goal is to eventually hit the 500 swings mark every other day.

Grip is sore, lower back is sore, hams are sore…..

What got me into trying this is the statement that strength improves, along the ability to do more for longer. I want to use it as a basis for strength-biased program and then kick-ass on the bike.

Do I have a question….not really, just wanted to share it with you guys.

thanks for posting that, I looked it up and tried it today. I only managed 4 rounds with a 28kg kettlebell, but look forward to starting the whole program after my 4 day ski trip.

www.travelswithtyler.com

Dec. 30, 2013, 9:51 p.m.

As far as Tabata's away from the bike…skipping works pretty damn good. Do 10 or 20 doubles per set…gets me pretty fired up for my powerclean/deadlift workouts. Also can be done anywhere, and a skip rope costs $5.