2015 New Years fitness resolutions

Jan. 5, 2015, 8:03 p.m.

for all you fat lift riders 50ish is when doc will have the "we need to talk about your lifestyle" conversation IME there are usually lots of good examples of a bad example in any ski hill bar …good luck with it

My doc told me to keep doing whatever it was that I was doing.

As for seeing lots of fat people at lifts, I guess that's not my fetish. I see a lot of very fit and healthy people.

Jan. 5, 2015, 8:29 p.m.

Did you try the bar?

Jan. 5, 2015, 8:37 p.m.

Did you try the bar?

That ain't my scene.

Jan. 5, 2015, 8:43 p.m.

That ain't my scene.

maybe he meant the bars in the gym?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 5, 2015, 8:45 p.m.

maybe he meant the bars in the gym?

I think he's talking about me,but I'm not 50…or fat.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 5, 2015, 11:58 p.m.

I've never seen TB in a bar I figure he is busy working or chasing his kids around

Jan. 8, 2015, 11:43 a.m.

All right punks. Get your 42A super tacky's rocking on your V10's and let's go for a rip around the seawall.

Can I install my reverb so I can raise the seat? :)

Jan. 8, 2015, 11:47 a.m.

All right punks. Get your 42A super tacky's rocking on your V10's and let's go for a rip around the seawall.

I've heard those e-bikes are all the rage at the moment.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 8, 2015, 11:58 a.m.

Well, actually it is the first year I try to NOT have any resolutions at all. At least not ones with definite goals.

Reason is quite simple, apart from last year's half-marathon my season was pretty, well, meh. I had some nice rides, but had so much life going on that I could not really manage any regular schedule at all. Felt sort of burned out at the end of last year, kind of like between yellow and red in traffic lights.

So my plan is to try and lift weights two to three times a week, if not really possible because of time/life/obligations, then do some kb stuff depending on mood (light-medium-heavy).

No plans with a given weight in x months, no plans for lots of running and biking, just trying to be sensible and trying to stay active without overwhelmming or overstretching me.

Focus on movement patterns and go from there (push, pull, hinge, etc), along with martial arts training and re-focusing on the basics there, throwing in some stretching for staying smooth.

I have so much hectic and all sorts of input at my job, that I need workouts and physical activity as a way to stay focused and "sane", trying to cram in x reps with x kg on a bar seems counterintuitive at the moment.

Guess I could call that my goal for 2015.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 8, 2015, 9:35 p.m.

You know I only run VertStar Schwalbes now!

I've heard those e-bikes are all the rage at the moment.

Can't I just bring my road bike?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 8, 2015, 9:43 p.m.

Raise your seat!? What do you .. how can you … NO!

Just for that we have to wear our full-face helmets now.

Jan. 8, 2015, 11:34 p.m.

Raise your seat!? What do you .. how can you … NO!

Just for that we have to wear our full-face helmets now.

Dang it.