2015 New Years fitness resolutions

Jan. 2, 2015, 12:25 p.m.

Since the new year is upon us I thought it wouldn't be a terrible idea to make a thread for everyone's 2015 fitness resolutions to hopefully help keep people motivated (because I know I definitely need extra motivation).

Post up your 2015 resolutions towards living a healthier life!

Mine:
-spend 30 minutes a day on my indoor cycling trainer 5x a week until the snow melts.
-continue with a morning routine of doing 50 pushups/50 leg raises 5x a week.
-attend a few Yoga classes or at least get back into a regular routine at home.

Jan. 2, 2015, 1:02 p.m.

Was already doing it until I kacked the knee so finish rehab of MCL and ski [HTML_REMOVED] 5 days a week should be plenty to keep fit

Jan. 2, 2015, 1:06 p.m.

Was already doing it until I kacked the knee so finish rehab of MCL and ski [HTML_REMOVED] 5 days a week should be plenty to keep fit

Sunday looks deep,bro.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 2, 2015, 1:35 p.m.

I got a bunch of days in already and there will be more, the key right now is to NOT go skiing, PT sez biking and leg exercises where the feet stay on the floor are kosher

Jan. 2, 2015, 1:52 p.m.

I got a bunch of days in already and there will be more, the key right now is to NOT go skiing, PT sez biking and leg exercises where the feet stay on the floor are kosher

Will be thinking of you.

As for the resolutions,i need all of them.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 2, 2015, 7:24 p.m.

Run farther and faster than homer simpson
Tighten up the abs
Have legs and arms thicker than ones found on chairs

www.natooke.com

Jan. 2, 2015, 10:43 p.m.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showpost.php?p=2853289[HTML_REMOVED]postcount=59

[HTML_REMOVED]

http://bb.nsmb.com/showpost.php?p=2853298[HTML_REMOVED]postcount=60

Jan. 3, 2015, 12:41 a.m.

Sign up for a gym , go hard core for a month , then stop until next January just like 90% of people with "New Years resolutions".

Jan. 3, 2015, 9:36 a.m.

oddly enough skiing all winter is why I got the roller-trainer..the last few years I've found after a winter of full time ski-bumming I'm always in terrible shape no matter how much I ride and how much I tour. Seems as though I end up with bad muscle imbalances/weakened upper body and my cardio/lung capacity goes to utter shite by the time I start biking again in the spring

Jan. 3, 2015, 10:03 a.m.

More consistent riding schedule. Cross training to help my riding (already in progress). Lose 10 lbs.

Jan. 3, 2015, 11:12 a.m.

oddly enough skiing all winter is why I got the roller-trainer..the last few years I've found after a winter of full time ski-bumming I'm always in terrible shape no matter how much I ride and how much I tour. Seems as though I end up with bad muscle imbalances/weakened upper body and my cardio/lung capacity goes to utter shite by the time I start biking again in the spring

I think it depends on how you are doing it cuz those rando racers are pretty damn fit, season before last my training was at least 1 speed session per week which was touring hard as possible for 1hr going UP, a couple of long 10-12hr tours and a bunch of random volume as well, the speed work really makes a difference it was like having another gear on the up track

I find ski touring is complimentary to biking and vis versa

Jan. 3, 2015, 11:23 a.m.

I don't do the New Year's resolution thing. My goals are ongoing throughout the year.

My goals are the same as last year, though: 1. get physically stronger - good for mtb [HTML_REMOVED] moto; it also helps save the body when I crash. 2. increase my ability to pedal (my cardio and endurance is weak) so that I'm not so far off the back when climbing (too many friends are getting too fit, lol.)

I'm finding it tougher this year to nail down a more specific goal as I'm not so focused on racing these days.

Jan. 3, 2015, 6:56 p.m.

I'm finding it tougher this year to nail down a more specific goal as I'm not so focused on racing these days.

pick a climb or even just part of a clmb and start doing it for time. you need track your time so you have a goal to shoot for and can evaluate if you're getting faster. also try putting some interval work into your climbs by going a bit harder than normal on steeper sections and recovering on flatter sections.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 3, 2015, 7:56 p.m.

I think it depends on how you are doing it cuz those rando racers are pretty damn fit, season before last my training was at least 1 speed session per week which was touring hard as possible for 1hr going UP, a couple of long 10-12hr tours and a bunch of random volume as well, the speed work really makes a difference it was like having another gear on the up track

I find ski touring is complimentary to biking and vis versa

Not many folks have something like the T2T to train on. Doing that 3-5 times a week will make you an animal.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 3, 2015, 8:15 p.m.

I still contend the majority here need to do strength training over cardio. If the activities you enjoy doing are energy-system dependent, you're going to cover it while you do it. How are you gaining strength? Pro-tip: It's the exact opposite of what you're doing.

I'm gonna make bone-density cool again.