100 pull ups

June 25, 2015, 5:50 p.m.

You're a big guy, I am not surprised.

Well, if you took my advice and started eating more pizza and beer you could be just like me. ;)

June 25, 2015, 6:46 p.m.

Well, if you took my advice and started eating more pizza and beer you could be just like me. ;)

That's winter training!

June 25, 2015, 7:27 p.m.

You guys have been talking about training to failure, and what not.

So if you're trying to do a mix of size/strength. What's the best routine.

Backshoulders/chest

June 25, 2015, 7:33 p.m.

You guys have been talking about training to failure, and what not.

So if you're trying to do a mix of size/strength. What's the best routine.

Backshoulders/chest

What mix of size/strength?

A 123 pound man put close to 400 pounds over his head. I can pretty much guarantee every meathead at the local gym would struggle with half that weight.

I suggest you pick one and focus the fuck out of it.

June 25, 2015, 8:18 p.m.

I will never be a bodybuilder on a professional scale. I lack the discipline.

I'm 175 lbs, and have been 190 before when I was eating like a mad man and at the gym 5 days a week.

I took a year off, and got lazy, got a gf, worked on my career.

Now I was to get power back, for day to day life, biking, personal life, etc. And put on some size.

I eat lean and protein rich, and aren't in awful shape.

June 25, 2015, 8:31 p.m.

Now I was to get power back, for day to day life, biking, personal life, etc. And put on some size.

Starting Strength will be as good as any for a pretty general goal such as this.

I don't know about you, but for me general goals never hold my attention for very long.

June 26, 2015, 9:10 a.m.

As a 6'5 tall guy, I agree with this. I'll also add arm length, and overall body leverage ratio's factor in alot as well.

I used to be big into chin-up, pull-ups. I built a bar in my garage just to practice. I found it to be really hard on my rib joints and have had to stop. Some of this could be blamed on my broken scapula/ old scar tissue. Anyone else have problems with pull-ups?

I'm 6'6" and that extra length definitely changes things. Geometry and time under tension in particular. I find that chin-ups (palms facing me) are comfortable at any width but pull-ups (palms away) always feel constricted at the top of the movement - with these I have to be super careful to not over-engage my upper traps and keep my neck relaxed.

Have you had regular physio or other body work to improve your mobility?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

June 26, 2015, 11:37 a.m.

What mix of size/strength?

A 123 pound man put close to 400 pounds over his head. I can pretty much guarantee every meathead at the local gym would struggle with half that weight.

I suggest you pick one and focus the fuck out of it.

That actually requires a huge amount of practice/skill/technique in addition to strength. There is so much potential to injure yourself doing that that I wouldn't know where to begin. (Speaking as one of the walking wounded here).

June 26, 2015, 12:55 p.m.

That actually requires a huge amount of practice/skill/technique in addition to strength. There is so much potential to injure yourself doing that that I wouldn't know where to begin. (Speaking as one of the walking wounded here).

Yes.

June 26, 2015, 2 p.m.

Yes.

Damnit… I give up then. Where's the remote?