zee vs guide rsc

Oct. 19, 2016, 1:30 p.m.

2017 rsc have the s4 caliper, so ultimate just have the carbon-ti bling.
so, i guess the rsc has the same output as the ultimates.

Oct. 19, 2016, 11:15 p.m.

I have Guide RSC this year and I'm quite happy with them actually. For the last three years I was on XTR trail. Power is similar, and (with the Guides) the bite point stays consistent throughout the whole life of the pad. For all the years of the XTR, I had to perform bleed tricks to get the contact point I liked.

And about those rotors; the Centreline ones are decent and wear well, and stay straight. FWIW, the Shimano ice tech rotors do wear quicker (I use to go through 2 rears a season), and they have an annoying tendency to temporarily warp (and return) during hard runs.

I am in no way a SRAM fanboy, just pleasantly surprised this time around.

Oct. 20, 2016, 1:41 a.m.

can anyone make a comparison between rsc and hope e4?
are they similar in feel and operation (modulation, instant stopping power etc)?
what about brake fade and consistency?

i decided to pull the trigger on one of these 2. (shimanos go out of the way)

PS. can i find guide rs or rsc levers (only levers) to fit them with my code calipers? (this way i save money and also have a nice set, used by many pros)

Oct. 20, 2016, 6:23 a.m.

PS. can i find guide rs or rsc levers (only levers) to fit them with my code calipers? (this way i save money and also have a nice set, used by many pros)

Yes, change levers, bleed and you're good. Make the swap at the levers (use your Code brake hose) as the connection at the caliper is a different size between the Code and the Guide.

Oct. 20, 2016, 9:26 a.m.

That is not correct.

I actually replaced a bent lever blade last week on a ZEE. A friend bent his in a crash. The new lever blade was 11€ and I was able to just walk into my LBS and buy it. They are available as spare parts.

It was an easy, simple five minute repair. No special tools needed. Just loosen an little screw, push the pin/axle out. Take the bent blade out, insert the new one. Reinsert, tighten screw. Done.

Good to know, thanks. I must have got my wires crossed there then.

Oct. 20, 2016, 11:37 a.m.

where can i find only the guide levers? (with no calipers)?

Oct. 20, 2016, 3:36 p.m.

where can i find only the guide levers? (with no calipers)?

PB buy [HTML_REMOVED] sell maybe?

I do know where there's some Code levers with Guide calipers. :)

Oct. 21, 2016, 4:27 a.m.

I like the bite point to be far from the handlebars (just a shallow push and to engage)

I read that the guides (even the rsc) have the biting point located more to the handlebars.

Is that true?

Oct. 21, 2016, 9:23 a.m.

I like the bite point to be far from the handlebars (just a shallow push and to engage)

I read that the guides (even the rsc) have the biting point located more to the handlebars.

Is that true?

Rsc and ultimate have a bite point adjust dial, but it needs some careful bleeding to make it effective except when pads are brand new.

Dec. 2, 2016, 1:07 a.m.

Is the bleeding edge adapter included in the 2017 guide line (not the ultimate) with the S4 caliper?
I got the rear rsc brake and in the factory box there is no adapter!

Dec. 3, 2016, 2:34 p.m.

I've been toying around the the idea of trying to make a Guide RSC-E brake set.

Basically get a set of Guide-RSC's - to get the swinglink an contact point adjustment onto the levers
and a set of Guide-RE's - to get the CODE calipers. Would have to do a swaperoo and bleed, but then….

I'd have the poor man's Guide-Code-Blackbox brake voodoo that most of the SRAM sponsored gravity athletes run, and my byproduct from all this is a set of perfectly acceptable Guide R's with RE graphics on the levers (perfect for my hardtail).

About the only things keeping me from doing this is the fact that I really liked the Saint brakes on RockyMtn's Full-Bling Demo Slayer
- the fact that the Saints are cheaper unless I assume I need another set of brakes for my hardtail
- and the pile of XT/SLX brake pads I already have stockpiled for brakes that seem to be working perfectly adequately for me [ETA - my current SLX brakes are workinf fine].

Dec. 4, 2016, 9:15 a.m.

But SLX and XT pads don´t fit into the Saint. They are different.

Apart from that, I really love my Saint brakes. Have two sets of m820 and they are absolutely fantastic.

Dec. 4, 2016, 9:32 a.m.

Will continue to run Saint brakes as the two pairs of X.0 brakesets I have are largely unusable.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.